No reloading supplies till 2015

rdl65

I would be more inclined to believe this if it came from a manufacturer. I don't think the government is in the reloading supply business yet.

FULLDRAWXX75

rdl65 said:
I would be more inclined to believe this if it came from a manufacturer. I don't think the government is in the reloading supply business yet.

The government is not in the reloading business, but they are in the ammo purchasing business and the huge government orders being placed by all depts. is causing a huge shortage in components............bullets, powder, primers, etc. Also, what better way to shut down the gun industry???? regulate the ammo, and then the means of reloading your own.
Ok, before anyone starts thinking I am paranoid or have a bunker in the backyard.................I am not and do not. This has been going on for the past 4 yrs, at a slow steady pace and is just now starting to show its impact on the market.
I read an article about the SSA & Dept of Agriculture purchasing nearly a million rounds of ammo..............for what? To protect themselves from unruly seniors & farmers?? Homeland Security and FBI purchased 550 million rounds of ammo, which works out to be @ 7k rounds per agent of both depts. All data from 2012 alone. Who knows how much they are purchasing for 2013................

FDXX75

pcrc

Did you ask to see the letter? I cant imagine the government sending out this letter and nobody posting a copy of it immediately on one of the hundreds of firearm related forums. It is amazing how fast a rumor spreads on the internet but for some reason an actual fact or a real document never seems to ever be seen. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

KPH

pcrc said:
Did you ask to see the letter? I cant imagine the government sending out this letter and nobody posting a copy of it immediately on one of the hundreds of firearm related forums. It is amazing how fast a rumor spreads on the internet but for some reason an actual fact or a real document never seems to ever be seen. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

Yep I agree

Nhill

Yes, the government sent a letter to a small gun shop to say that because they bought a bunch of ammo, the small gun shop will not have any reloading supplies till 2015. Apparently they ordered a huge variety of ammunition too, causing a generic shortage of all reloading supplies.

pcrc

Nhill said:
Yes, the government sent a letter to a small gun shop to say that because they bought a bunch of ammo, the small gun shop will not have any reloading supplies till 2015. Apparently they ordered a huge variety of ammunition too, causing a generic shortage of all reloading supplies.
I still say until a copy of the letter is posted I dont believe it. I read at least 10 different gun forums daily and have seen no mention of any "letter", except here, and no offense, but the gun forum on TNDeer aint the gold standard when it comes to gun forums. If it is out there it would have been posted for everybody to see by now.

Hunter 257W

pcrc said:
Nhill said:
I still say until a copy of the letter is posted I dont believe it. I read at least 10 different gun forums daily and have seen no mention of any "letter", except here, and no offense, but the gun forum on TNDeer aint the gold standard when it comes to gun forums. If it is out there it would have been posted for everybody to see by now.

If the government was trying to buy up all the ammo to make guns useless, they sure wouldn't be gloating about it. That will only get shooters stirred up. They would do it behind the scenes and keep it as quiet as possible. They may be buying huge quantities of ammo - I don't know - but I can't believe such a letter was ever sent to gunshops.

DaveB

Most components are going to the major manufacturers in order to fill empty shelves of loaded ammo all across the nation. That seems to be the curent buzz.

Still, it does indeed seem like some skullduggery is afoot. I wonder if the backorders that were accepted up until mid January in most places are at fault? Notice Large Rifle magnum primers of all types are still not available. Grafs and Midsouth still behind weeks in shipping? Not as many as before, but still behind. That tells me shipments are arriving and being fulfilled but nothing is hitting the market.

Still, you would think retailers would see SOME thing come in. I haven't see or heard of a primer available anywhere of any type that wasn't selling for ten times normal price.

Nhill

Nhill said:

That was sarcasm...

MUP

...and just b/c the govt ain't braggin about it, doesn't mean I trust them wholeheartedly either. Something isn't right in this situation, and I'm not at all validating a letter that may or may not exist, but when SSA and HLS are buying up millions of rounds of ammo, then it definitely sends up a red flag to me as to why such an agency would need any ammo, especially the SSA, let alone millions of rounds of it. JMO