Nissan Titan owners

Rackseeker

Rackseeker

Just wondering if anyone on here has bought a new Titan with in the last year or so? I have been looking at new trucks and they have the 2017 Titans discounted pretty good right now. I was kinda looking at Toyota but can get a fullsize v8 crew cab titan for the same money as the Tacoma. Likes and dislikes if anyone wants to chime in. Thanks

JArender

JArender

Supporter
Rackseeker":3b58chr5 said:
Just wondering if anyone on here has bought a new Titan with in the last year or so? I have been looking at new trucks and they have the 2017 Titans discounted pretty good right now. I was kinda looking at Toyota but can get a fullsize v8 crew cab titan for the same money as the Tacoma. Likes and dislikes if anyone wants to chime in. Thanks
Love the ride. Hate the size of the fuel tank. 24-25 gal. Seems like all I do is stop at a gas station. My f150 has a 29-30 gal tank.

The tire sensors are weird. With cold weather I can have three tires only show 29psi and one at 30 and ot will show the one with 30 as low

Anytime the temp is below freezing it has a warning light on the instrument panel shaped like a caution light as well as a warning that pops up in the center telling you its cold outside. But whatever.

The ride is outstanding. Best of any 4x4 I’ve owned and at the end of the day thats all I care about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pic IN the Casa

Pic IN the Casa

Mines a 2011. I like it a lot but here's a couple of things that bug me. Within a year the flip tabs for the 12v chargers both broke off and they weren't used excessively. Also when it gets really cold my engine light comes on and codes as mass airflow sensor issue. But goes off after a day or two.
Otherwise I am happy.

darn2ten

darn2ten

My buddy bought a 2017. He went in interested in the xd. After driving the xd and the regular crew cab titan, he chose the regular model. He said the ride on the xd was quite a bit more stiff and not as comfortable. So far he loves it. Has plenty of power and better on fuel mileage than the older titans.

muzzy76

muzzy76

ive had both, still have the 06 titan (used primarily as a farm truck now). The titan has 270k miles on it, but loves to flash different warning lights depending on the day (most of which are bs things that arent really worth paying attn to honestly). A new light comes on and i just laugh to myself and disregard it. Reality though is that ive gotten my $ worth out of the titan overall and it has been a good truck. That being said, still would go with the tacoma myself as the titan is too finicky.

EastTNHunter

EastTNHunter

The Taco will hold resale like nobody’s business, but is still a very small truck. The older ones’ cabs made it feel like you were sitting on the floor with your feet straight out in front of you, but they kept going, and going, and going, and... I haven’t sat in the new models cab.

The Titans are big trucks, and are still very reliable, although less “refined.”

Neither will do particularly well on gas, unless that has changed within the last year or two.

D

dirtyhands

Sorry I know you said recent titan owners but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. I have an 05 that I bought in 07 it's got 200k miles. I've driven the crap out of it and I promise I've changed the oil in it maybe 15 times tops. It has a cracked header and a check engine light on for an o2 sensors that's been on for the past 3 years. It's seen plenty of mud in it's day and I've only had to do the absolute bare minimum maintenance on it. It has zero issues with it's 4x4 or transmission. I'm sure other trucks could last this long with my abuse and lack of preventative maintenance but I've been very happy with how Well It has held up. Im going to drive it until it explodes then most likely buy a newer one

JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

I love Toyota's, but no way I'm buying a total gas guzzling Tundra. I had bad luck out of Chevy so my next will probably be an F150. Better gas mileage, same/less cost.

Rackseeker

Rackseeker

EastTNHunter":23er2ikt said:
The Taco will hold resale like nobody’s business, but is still a very small truck. The older ones’ cabs made it feel like you were sitting on the floor with your feet straight out in front of you, but they kept going, and going, and going, and... I haven’t sat in the new models cab.

The Titans are big trucks, and are still very reliable, although less “refined.”

Neither will do particularly well on gas, unless that has changed within the last year or two.

Yea, I have a 03 Tacoma 4 door with 279k miles on it. Might drive it till the wheels fall off it. I hate to turn loose of that much money.

catman529

catman529

the more I learn about cars, the less I want a new vehicle and the more I want an older 15 or 20 year old truck with a simple motor that will run a long time and doesn't have to go to the dealer to be worked on