Nimrod's Guide Service

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
As per CrappieLuck. The story starts with Poser putting a call out to anyone who'd be able to take some New York City boys out on a squirrel hunt, for some kind of TV show they were filming. I figure, why the heck not? I call up Catman for backup. The only catch is they want to come in the dead of February, and squirrels ain't moving much. So we pre-hunted a few times and put some squirrels in the freezer, as insurance.

So the day comes and the weather is horrible, very cold, very windy. And then they want us to guide in two cameramen, the two guys that host the show, and a producer who spends most of the time on his phone. Not much hunting going on with this crowd, so I decided to have a little fun.

All said and done, I ended up feeding that entire crew, plus several others who weren't in the woods with us. I figure the day cost me a cool hundred bucks, but hey, it's a great memory and a fun video! Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIukg75gLtA

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
double browtine":2f8s755e said:
That's was awesome! Post up that squirrel recipe, looked delicious!

Probably won't do much credit to Poser by the time I butcher his recipe, but I'll say it was absolutely the best tasting squirrel I'd ever had. When that NY boy said it was delicious, he wasn't acting!

All I did was marinate it in a plastic bag with soy sauce and garlic. Then hit it on a hot grill for a few minutes on each side, followed by a foil wrap with some brushed on butter to finish it off. When we opened those packs, the meat fell off the bones, and it got real quiet for a while.

I'd thawed a bunch of deer meat and we made fajitas for the crew, which they didn't show, which was the bulk of the meal. I believe we ended up with 3 squirrels we'd frozen, and the one we killed that day (the "kill" shot and falling squirrel were re-enacted for camera angles, but Catman did plug that squirrel. It fell into a creek, which made it look a little too rat-like for those NY boys)

Oh, and that was my truck they hit with the basketball, which I didn't know about until the episode aired! LOL

catman529

catman529

It's been a while now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro