Nikon scope warranty?

Camp David

Camp David

Anybody have experience with this? My friend's scope has an adjustment that won't adjust. It was part of a combination gun/scope purchase on an AR10 .308 and he doesn't have a receipt for the scope. He says the scope was worth $600. He started with the on-line warranty return and one of the first questions was about a receipt that he doesn't have. He's willing to pay shipping, but thinks they should cover the repair.

Aquaholic

Aquaholic

I sent one in about a year and a half ago ... I just called them and got set up ...they paid shipping both ways ... I did not have my receipt ... About 8 weeks later I received a new scope

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

Aquaholic":26qqtr28 said:
I sent one in about a year and a half ago ... I just called them and got set up ...they paid shipping both ways ... I did not have my receipt ... About 8 weeks later I received a new scope

Any idea what they did with it for 8 weeks before they sent a new one?

Aquaholic

Aquaholic

It shipped to Commifornia ... That's what I asked them... I guess they have a lot of warranty claims ... I've used Nikon for years .. first warranty claim .
A buddy had an issue with a Vortex around the same time ... They said send it back and give them a tracking number and they will send out a new one ... He got a new Vortex at his house before I got an email saying they received my Nikon ... Guess what the last new scope I bought was and it wasn't a Nikon ... LoL

F

fullstream

Supporter
I’ve sent 2 back over the years both were replaced with new scopes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
I have one I need to call about. Bought it used on a gun (no receipt). It is usable but the rubber piece where you adjust the power is loose and rotates pretty freely. I have to clamp down hard to adjust it because of this. Please update if you call and let us know what they say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headhunter

Headhunter

I had 2 experiences with their warranty department, because of those I will never own another Nikon product.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
Lost a scope adjustment cover while hunting one day. Send an email asking where I could but an extra one. 3 days later I had a new set in my mail box free of charge. Never once did I say anything about warranty.

Tn Joe

Tn Joe

Supporter
Sent a rangefinder back to them and they wanted to charge me as much to repair it as what a new one cost

Deerhunter

Deerhunter

Sent a new Nikon Pro Staff back to them a couple years ago that went blurry. A few months later they finally sent a replacement. The replacement scope wouldn't adjust. I'm done with Nikon. Usually put Vortex on my guns now.

Headhunter

Headhunter

Tn Joe":1o12eehk said:
Sent a rangefinder back to them and they wanted to charge me as much to repair it as what a new one cost

That was my experience, two times. What I sent back was in like new condition, the issue was not caused by use or me breaking it. I told them to keep their crap.

Shooter77

Shooter77

Supporter
Wildcat":1m4w0bvj said:
Lost a scope adjustment cover while hunting one day. Send an email asking where I could but an extra one. 3 days later I had a new set in my mail box free of charge. Never once did I say anything about warranty.

I had the same experience twice with flip up covers. Couldn't complain about Nikon there.

I also have to brag on Leupold. I bought a pair of windriver compact in late 90's from Bass PRo. the rubber had become gooey over the last couple of years. I emailed them, said send it back. It took 2 weeks (during thanksgiving/black friday) but they send me a replacement pair of the new Rogue series. Happy with their service! Tasco, well that's another thing all together.