Nightforce SHV or Vortex Viper

FallRutSpringStrut

I am having a hard time on deciding on a scope for a smokeless muzzleloader I am having built. I like the Vortex Viper and Nightforce SHV. In my opinion the Nightforce has a little better glass and smoother adjustments but it is a little more expensive. I have never owned a Vortex Viper but I read and hear great reviews. I believe both will be tough and a top notch warranty. A side note the scope will be placed in dnz mounts. Please give me your thoughts.

Fall Rut Spring Strut

WGK

You need to consider that these guns are scope killers. I have the SHV on my smokeless build and I have shot some really heavy loads in the gun with no problems at all
If it were me I would spend the extra bucks on the nightforce. I have a friend that had a vortex fail on one of these cannons.

Sniper

Another quality optic to look at is the Burris Veracity. After much reading and searching I bought one and it is exceptional glass. Burris is also known for being rugged and lifetime warranty. More $ than the Vortex but less than the NF. It is a FFP scope. Read some reviews and take a look at one and see what you think.

Lone Hunter

To me it would be no question. Nightforce. I like the optics better,and, I think the turrets are better also. Don't think you could go wrong with either but my personal opinion is Nightforce.