New Year's challenge for your marriage.

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

Hey guys, I thought I would share this with you and challenge you to take this on in the new year.

Last January 1st, I started writing out a short paragraph every day recording something that I was thankful for about my wife. We have always had a great marriage but this helped me to see her in an even better light than before. It was not easy and some days it was a real challenge to be thankful when we may have had an argument but I made it through.

I gave her the journal on Christmas morning with an entry for every single day of the year. She was blown away.

I would challenge any of you guys who want to improve your marriage to do this. It was amazing to me how many little things she does every day that I am thankful for but just generally take for granted.

D

David

Very good advice. And great idea. My wife would love this more than any store bought gift i bet. Key would be to sticking to it. Ill give it a go!

Daniel90

Daniel90

I'm gonna try this

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

David":2673qckf said:
Very good advice. And great idea. My wife would love this more than any store bought gift i bet. Key would be to sticking to it. Ill give it a go!

We had a little challenge for it with our men’s group last year. I believe about 20 guys started out and 4 made it to the finish line. Sticking with it is tough for sure but proved worth it.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Very cool.
Thanks!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

WORM82

WORM82

I admit I take my wife for granted. She is a stay at home wife for our 2 year old and does more at home than I do at work for 8 to 12 hours a day.

S

Smo

WORM82":1psqdymf said:
I admit I take my wife for granted. She is a stay at home wife for our 2 year old and does more at home than I do at work for 8 to 12 hours a day.

With a 2 year old it ain't no wonder !

Her jobs 24/7.

Ladys man

Ladys man

Smo":1mtyn0oh said:
WORM82":1mtyn0oh said:

With a 2 year old it ain't no wonder !

Her jobs 24/7.

I do the same as I also take my wife for granted but I txt her a small txt to paragraph every morning when I get to work and try to let her know how much I appreciate her. I know our toddler (be 2 in April) can be he** on wheels and she’s amazing at it

gobblegrunt

gobblegrunt

Sounds like a very good idea. I may do this for my wife. She does so much for my family. I know for a fact she would love something like this for Christmas.

Grandslam11

Grandslam11

I love the idea. I know my wife would absolutely love this. Did you and the other guys hold one another accountable in any way?

TNReb

TNReb

Supporter
Good idea.

Can I have a copy of your journal to give my wife? :D

DaveB

DaveB

^^^^^this^^^^^

:rotf: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Grandslam11

Grandslam11

Just a follow up.

I made this a priority for 2018 and can proudly say... Mission Accomplished. I had no accountability partners, just set a reminder on my work calendar each week and got to work. My wife cried as soon as I handed it to her. First time that has ever happened.

I think I feel as blessed from the end result as she feels. If anyone considered doing this last year, make this the year. I PROMISE you will not regret it.

Thanks TNRifleman for the idea. She asked where I got the idea... I told her " that TN Deer site I'm always on" :)

Bone Collector

Bone Collector

Supporter
TNRifleman":12ushso6 said:
It was not easy and some days it was a real challenge to be thankful when we may have had an argument but I made it through.

I may try this too. This would be my hang up as well. ^^^

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

Grandslam11":39vbjypb said:
Just a follow up.

I made this a priority for 2018 and can proudly say... Mission Accomplished. I had no accountability partners, just set a reminder on my work calendar each week and got to work. My wife cried as soon as I handed it to her. First time that has ever happened.

I think I feel as blessed from the end result as she feels. If anyone considered doing this last year, make this the year. I PROMISE you will not regret it.

Thanks TNRifleman for the idea. She asked where I got the idea... I told her " that TN Deer site I'm always on" :)

You have no idea how encouraging it is to hear this. Congrats for making it through.