New WMA soon?

PickettSFHunter

PickettSFHunter

Supporter
Anyone heard much about this ? Skinner Mtn is already a 4000ish acre WMA but it has very limited access. Rather Low deer density, high hog density,land has always been basically treated as public, but still this would make it official and be more public land. The addition should give it more actual road frontage as well, as now public road access by truck is very limited.

https://www.conservationfund.org/projec ... ain-forest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath

That would be a great acquisition for TWRA. The article doesn't mention it, but do you know if it's going to be opened for hunting while The Conservation Fund owns it?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PickettSFHunter

PickettSFHunter

Supporter
Buzzard Breath":2e5dcfl1 said:
That would be a great acquisition for TWRA. The article doesn't mention it, but do you know if it's going to be opened for hunting while The Conservation Fund owns it?

no idea. It’s always been hunted anyway and I imagine it will continue to be basically a ATV Park as well.

cecil30-30

cecil30-30

Supporter
I thought it was already a wma? I don't have a reg book in front of me, but pretty sure it was a listed wma.

PickettSFHunter

PickettSFHunter

Supporter
cecil30-30":2wyrz24x said:
I thought it was already a wma? I don't have a reg book in front of me, but pretty sure it was a listed wma.

Skinner is a WMA. This article is referring to a large addition to Skinner. Now we need them to buy the pines in Morgan Co. also now that they are up for sale.

cecil30-30

cecil30-30

Supporter
PickettSFHunter":2f9cfddl said:
cecil30-30":2f9cfddl said:

Skinner is a WMA. This article is referring to a large addition to Skinner. Now we need them to buy the pines in Morgan Co. also now that they are up for sale.

Might as well be public hunting land..lol Everyone and their brother hunts it, regardless if they are in the lease or not. I hadn't seen that they was for sale. Do you have the listing?

PickettSFHunter

PickettSFHunter

Supporter
cecil30-30":36an76lt said:
PickettSFHunter":36an76lt said:
cecil30-30":36an76lt said:

Might as well be public hunting land..lol Everyone and their brother hunts it, regardless if they are in the lease or not. I hadn't seen that they was for sale. Do you have the listing?

Yeah everyone hunted it also when I was in the lease too. Here is a listing. https://www.landandfarm.com/property/Pe ... escription

cecil30-30

cecil30-30

Supporter
cecil30-30":2z0sqble said:
PickettSFHunter":2z0sqble said:
cecil30-30":2z0sqble said:

Never mind, I found it. 13.5 million.. Looks like the mineral rights go with it also. Wish I had a rich uncle.

https://www.landandfarm.com/property/Pe ... t-6981344/