New TWRA Leadership

rsimms

Supporter
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency Executive Director Jason Maxedon has hired or appointed four new people in major TWRA leadership positions - including former Tennessee State Senator Mike Bell. The new hires/appointments come in the wake of a major shake-up at TWRA. Former Executive Director Bobby Wilson resigned abruptly after less than two years on the job and shortly thereafter the wildlife commissioned fired three other top staffers for reasons unknown. Read all about the new TWRA leadership team here: https://bit.ly/3AtlopZ

Sen.Bell.jpg 5.Fiss.Frank.JPG 5.Wear.Brandon.jpg 5.Grimes.Torrey2.JPG

RUGER

Supporter
Hope they fix the fiasco that it has become.

BRING BACK THE IN PERSON DUCK BLIND DRAWINGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
REMOVE THE TIER GARBAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck to them.

Headhunter

Best of luck to them.
Hoping so. TWRA is maybe one of the most corrupt agencies now. Unbelievable and unacceptable the crap they are doing.

TNGunsmoke

Best of luck to them.
From the email I got back from Director Maxedon, I don't think it is in the plan currently to return to in person draws or get rid of the tiered blinds.

RUGER

Supporter
From the email I got back from Director Maxedon, I don't think it is in the plan currently to return to in person draws or get rid of the tiered blinds.
I'm sure it's not.
No way they are gonna admit the cough cough... messed up.

But we have the data to prove we did good!!!
🖕

EastTNHunter

Curious what’s Sen. Bell’s agenda will be. He’s from the East side, so I hope he can advocate for positive agency activity in Region III.
I was actually about to say the same thing. Just because he’s a former senator it doesn’t mean that he has wildlife agency qualifications.

I’m not as down on the TWRA as some are, but I don’t think that they are perfect either. I really hope that someone can fix my favorite WMA’s crazy rules that have come in during the past few years, and I don’t really understand what their endgame is with CWD regulations (“kill ‘em all” is not a good plan). At the same time I’m willing to give the new guys time to prove themselves and not just assume that they’re incompetent

Last edited:

Buzzard Breath

I was actually about to say the same thing. Just because he’s a former senator it doesn’t mean that he has wildlife agency qualifications.

I’m not as down on the TWRA as some are, but I don’t think that they are perfect either. I really hope that someone can fix my favorite WMA’s crazy rules that have come in during the past few years, and I don’t really understand what their endgame is with CWD regulations (“kill ‘em all” is not a good plan). At the same time I’m willing to give the new guys time to prove themselves and not just assume that they’re incompetent
A quick search of his online profile indicates he's a member of several hunting organizations. That's at least a positive.
  • Co-Chair of the Tennessee Sportsmen's Caucus
  • National Wild Turkey Federation
  • Safari Club International
  • National Rifle Association
  • Ducks Unlimited

EastTNHunter

A quick search of his online profile indicates he's a member of several hunting organizations. That's at least a positive.
  • Co-Chair of the Tennessee Sportsmen's Caucus
  • National Wild Turkey Federation
  • Safari Club International
  • National Rifle Association
  • Ducks Unlimited

Mike Bell has probably been the best friend that TWRA has had in the Legislature for MANY years. I suspect that he will be a major benefit to the agency in his new position with them.
Really good news to hear. I appreciate both of these posts of affirmation