New turkey killer 410

nwsg76

Just got finished putting this together. Savage 301 in 410 with a burris ff3.
Hope its a killer.

Attachments

• 20210114_175938.jpg
    20210114_175938.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 177

Stumpsitter

It is a killer. Killed 3 with my son's last year. He decided he just wanted to spectate last year so I used it. It's a pleasure to carry, and if you keep you shots to 40 yards or less you'll be good. I was so impressed by it I got a tri-star simi-auto. in 410.

philsanchez76

It is a killer. Killed 3 with my son's last year. He decided he just wanted to spectate last year so I used it. It's a pleasure to carry, and if you keep you shots to 40 yards or less you'll be good. I was so impressed by it I got a tri-star simi-auto. in 410.
I just pulled the trigger on a Tristar semi in 20 gauge for this years turkey season. I am super excited.

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
It's a killer for sure! I love mine. I am curious about that stock as well.

hillbillyfab

You can find them with camo thumbhole stock occasionally. They are not listed on savage/stevens website. It was same price as regular stock.
Good to know. I purchased one when they first hit the market. Just didn't know if this had become an option. Thank you.

bgant

I bought one with the regular stock this summer and have been using it with 7.5 shot for chipmunk control around my house. Works like a charm! I may try to set it up for the turkey woods before spring. Maybe not though, as I just bought a new turkey gun in 2019. Good luck this spring!

tnanh

Rossi builds a 410 turkey gun now that has that same stock. From what I have seen it is pretty similar to the Savage. They have a marketing name for the turkey gun. I just cant remember what it is.

hillbillyfab

Rossi builds a 410 turkey gun now that has that same stock. From what I have seen it is pretty similar to the Savage. They have a marketing name for the turkey gun. I just cant remember what it is.
They do. I believe it's called the Tuffy. I looked at it when shopping for the stevens listed above. One of the deciding factors for me, was the stevens is threaded, the tuffy was not. I'm not sure if it's still a fixed choke version, it was when I last looked at it.

tnanh

You are right. Its called the Tuffy. The 410 Tuffy Turkey is threaded for chokes. Neat set up with the built in shell holders and the picatinny rail already installed. I am sticking with my 20 gauges right now but if I went 410 it would be worth a look to me.

Latest posts