Food Plots New Toy

double browtine

Found a new toy! Got it fired up on Sunday. It ran for a couple of minutes then it quit. It wouldn't fire back up, but I think it is a clogged fuel filter. I ordered all the filters so hopefully I can get fired up change the oil and get it hauled to my land in time to enlarge a few of my plots before the fall planting gets here.

Attachments

• 5FCEF0BE-4E22-4ACC-85FF-8DF10753A5F2.png
    5FCEF0BE-4E22-4ACC-85FF-8DF10753A5F2.png
    609.8 KB · Views: 136

double browtine

I've been looking for a small dozer for a couple of years. I have used a Case 350 that belongs to my brother in law on and off the last few years. But it's been sitting for a while since a weld broke from a prior fix on arm that holds the front blade on. I was going to get it fixed but he wants to install another one from his parts dozer. I told him we can fix it when ever he's ready. But now we can wait till it cools off some, and you can just use mine if you need it for a job till we fix his.
I have been looking for one in my price range for a while, but they are hard to find. I had asked about this one a year ago and the guy finally called my dad back out of blue last week and asked if we wanted to buy it. I said yes and I can't wait to get it back home and doing some clearing.

TN Song Dog

Looks like fun. rember to replace the screen that is inside the tank on the pickup line. Its probably made into the shutoff valve. Also go on and look for a replacement fuel tank, in case it is full of crud. Dont try to clean it, if you can replace it affordably. Its quite a pain.

You probably know all of this, but I didnt and have been learning first hand.

double browtine

Looks like fun. rember to replace the screen that is inside the tank on the pickup line. Its probably made into the shutoff valve. Also go on and look for a replacement fuel tank, in case it is full of crud. Dont try to clean it, if you can replace it affordably. Its quite a pain.

You probably know all of this, but I didnt and have been learning first hand.
I know what you mean. On my brother in law's dozer, we sprayed it out with a pressure washer and then blew out the lines with the air compressor. Then poured a couple of gallons of paint thinner through it. Then we installed an in-line filter before the main fuel filter. I still have to change the inline filter about every 60-80 gallons. It looks like it gets filled with dirt. I also pour a good dose of power service treatment in the tank every time I add diesel. I figure I will have to do the same thing on this 450C.

DoubleRidge

Father-in-law bought a small farm dozer....great tool (or toy) to have around.... we've cleaned up several field edges, thickets, etc.....handy after storms come through as well...nice to have for farm road repairs too....no doubt you already know this....but for a dozer that sits for long periods....like most farm dozers do....keep the fuel treated....and during the winter months when ours is sitting idle....once a month I'll start it and let it run while I'm doing chores....operate blade...keep everything moving....again I'm certain you would do this...just mentioning due to the issue I had on a tractor injector pump one time.... costly lesson.

Update: I obviously didn't read all the previous post....I see now where you mentioned adding fuel treatment....good luck getting it going....handy to have around.

Attachments

• IMG_20200713_195108002~2.jpg
    IMG_20200713_195108002~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:

FTG-05

Found a new toy! Got it fired up on Sunday. It ran for a couple of minutes then it quit. It wouldn't fire back up, but I think it is a clogged fuel filter. I ordered all the filters so hopefully I can get fired up change the oil and get it hauled to my land in time to enlarge a few of my plots before the fall planting gets here.
Is your name Matt?

ETA: Never mind, you're not in PA.

cool toy!

double browtine

Well, I got lucky and there was only about 1" of fuel in the tank. I added some Powerservice Tank Clean/ Conditioner and 10 gallons of fresh diesel. I did have to spray just a little bit of starting fluid to get it to hit, but after that, it restarts every time you push the button. Can't wait to get it home and get a few hoses replaced and new packs for the main cylinders(both leak a little) and start doing some clearing work!

Attachments

• A7825991-FA0D-4EE4-B7CC-17CD4A3A13FD.jpeg
    A7825991-FA0D-4EE4-B7CC-17CD4A3A13FD.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
  • D7BBAD8D-4213-4C13-9B7A-C34F629CE400.jpeg
    D7BBAD8D-4213-4C13-9B7A-C34F629CE400.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 64

double browtine

Got my dozer loaded up and brought home yesterday. I have a few things to repair and some general maintenance stuff, but I should be expanding some of my food plot areas in time to get some seed in the ground!

Attachments

• 826C7CFA-CA01-49FF-A699-DE213C54F1A1.jpeg
    826C7CFA-CA01-49FF-A699-DE213C54F1A1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • 1C06B99D-EBE3-4B45-A3D9-0FCB3E28354C.jpeg
    1C06B99D-EBE3-4B45-A3D9-0FCB3E28354C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 61

double browtine

I bet you're giddy. I would be
I sure am! I just got a notification that my new seal kits for the blade lift cylinders were delivered. Hopefully I will be doing some clearing work by Sunday afternoon. I have to replace the fan belt also, which requires removing the radiator. I might even replace the water pump while I have it all apart.

JCDEERMAN

I sure am! I just got a notification that my new seal kits for the blade lift cylinders were delivered. Hopefully I will be doing some clearing work by Sunday afternoon. I have to replace the fan belt also, which requires removing the radiator. I might even replace the water pump while I have it all apart.
Good deal! I know the feeling.

We are in the same boat. We have had 17-19 acres clear-cut specifically for food plots. The cutting should be done by the start of next week. We rented a dozer for a month and was making great progress the first 4 days, then the blade broke. Rental company came and picked it up and we have been waiting on that part for 3 weeks now from John Deere to make the repairs. In a perfect world, the dozer work would have been done towards the end of next week. Instead, just waiting on the part and repairs, and we will have it for 3-3.5 weeks to de-stump and push aside. Hope it happens!

Latest posts