Deer Assassin

tromix 458 socom upper

to go nicely with my lane 458 scorpion suppressor

500 grain death bombs subsonic

lower came into ffl today

going to be a fun fall

enhance

hunter0925

Not out of a 458, but out of a 450 marlin I have shot quite a few with the 325ftx. I have yet to have one run and the insides are jelly without crazy hydrostatic shock. Killed my biggest buck to date with it.

jlanecr500

DA, that should do a Bang Up job. Especially with the 300gr Barnes TTSX made specifically for the SOCOM.

On a side note, the Barnes 275gr bullet for the Bushmaster is all a hunter would ever need. Pure deer poison that won't leave shrapnel.
I killed a buck in FL this past Feb. with one from my 45 SML. The bullet entered the neck, traveled up the spine, exited the top of the skull and blew an antler off. DRT.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10174 ... -box-of-20

hillbillyfab

DA, what twist and length is your barrel? I'm was looking around on Tromix's site and seen the different barrel options. I was thinking I was going to go with either a 10.5" or 12" barrel upper to minimize overall length with a can. Subsonic loads are my plan for this build.

Deer Assassin

DA, what twist and length is your barrel? I'm was looking around on Tromix's site and seen the different barrel options. I was thinking I was going to go with either a 10.5" or 12" barrel upper to minimize overall length with a can. Subsonic loads are my plan for this build.

not sure the twist I would have to check

Latest posts