New toy… decluttering the reloading bench

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Thought this simple item was really cool. A young man that does co-op homeschooling with my kids on Wednesdays is big into 3D printing. Great kid, super smart, his friends jokingly call him a "mad scientist" because he's always fixing and inventing stuff, and is really into computers. Industrious, polite, and has started his own little unofficial 3D printing business.

This particular item was my brainchild, but we designed it together. I think that he did a really good job. Helps me to keep all of my shell holders for presses and priming tools in one place, along with some nick-nacks that I'm always using but keep getting lost and cluttered in my bench drawers. Pay no attention to the mess on my bench, I'm getting it cleaned up… again… for good this time… really

If anyone is interested in one of these, he can make more. Probably only about $15-20 plus shipping.

Attachments

• FE178791-0303-4576-9704-D08475012068.jpeg
    FE178791-0303-4576-9704-D08475012068.jpeg
    298.6 KB · Views: 124
  • CEA2E3C8-6B1E-469A-B158-F133421AF7FB.jpeg
    CEA2E3C8-6B1E-469A-B158-F133421AF7FB.jpeg
    393.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 02F0E6D8-CDDA-4B87-9F77-A5479043CE95.jpeg
    02F0E6D8-CDDA-4B87-9F77-A5479043CE95.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 105
  • 88222676-C03F-4CEE-B3C0-203E457A33A3.jpeg
    88222676-C03F-4CEE-B3C0-203E457A33A3.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 109

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Good idea, maybe he could make a wall mountable shell holder rack? I clean my bench off every once in a while, but it still stays pretty cluttered, I need more shelves.
I don't see why he couldn't come up with a wall mountable unit. Close in the back and make some t-slots. If you are interested I could find out

Omega

Thought this simple item was really cool. A young man that does co-op homeschooling with my kids on Wednesdays is big into 3D printing. Great kid, super smart, his friends jokingly call him a "mad scientist" because he's always fixing and inventing stuff, and is really into computers. Industrious, polite, and has started his own little unofficial 3D printing business.

This particular item was my brainchild, but we designed it together. I think that he did a really good job. Helps me to keep all of my shell holders for presses and priming tools in one place, along with some nick-nacks that I'm always using but keep getting lost and cluttered in my bench drawers. Pay no attention to the mess on my bench, I'm getting it cleaned up… again… for good this time… really

If anyone is interested in one of these, he can make more. Probably only about $15-20 plus shipping.
You should ask to see if he is interested in printing off some other 3d reloading projects. There are tons of links to reloading files for the 3d printer that are ready to print. I have seen many that if available I would have printed, like wall mounted Lee turret holders.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
You should ask to see if he is interested in printing off some other 3d reloading projects. There are tons of links to reloading files for the 3d printer that are ready to print. I have seen many that if available I would have printed, like wall mounted Lee turret holders.
He is interested in printing anything usable. He is not into the shooting sports, but his brother has gotten into hunting with me. His grandfather is into hunting and reloading, but it's not really his "jam."

Let me know if you have suggestions

Omega

He is interested in printing anything usable. He is not into the shooting sports, but his brother has gotten into hunting with me. His grandfather is into hunting and reloading, but it's not really his "jam."

Let me know if you have suggestions
Here is a link to the file repository, set to Lee Reloading, but you can search for specific items. Has much more than just for reloading too.
MakerBot Thingiverse

backyardtndeer

I don't see why he couldn't come up with a wall mountable unit. Close in the back and make some t-slots. If you are interested I could find out
I have seen some reloading items on ebay. Shaving catchers for trimmers and small parts holders look like they would be easy to design. I have a rcbs shell holder, the peg type and have wall drawer bins for most my small parts. His shell holder looks better than mine though. 👍

Latest posts