new to Tennessee

Rolen

Hello everyone just figured I would drop in and introduce my self been enjoying how active this forum is and figured I would join.

My wife, 2 year old son and I just moved here from Washington state to the Cleveland area. We have been enjoying scouting new land for hunting and fishing opportunity's.
I have harvested multiple mule deer, black bear, turkeys back in washington but im excited to switch gears to white tail and invest more time turkey hunting.

Im looking for a place to pattern my turkey gun any free ranges in the area? I cant seem to find any and the few I did dont allow shotguns.

any info would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks everyone hope to meet some of you in the woods.

philsanchez76

Hello everyone just figured I would drop in and introduce my self been enjoying how active this forum is and figured I would join.

My wife, 2 year old son and I just moved here from Washington state to the Cleveland area. We have been enjoying scouting new land for hunting and fishing opportunity's.
I have harvested multiple mule deer, black bear, turkeys back in washington but im excited to switch gears to white tail and invest more time turkey hunting.

Im looking for a place to pattern my turkey gun any free ranges in the area? I cant seem to find any and the few I did dont allow shotguns.

any info would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks everyone hope to meet some of you in the woods.
Welcome! I am closer to Nashville so I am not sure about any free ranges in you area. I know folks in Polk county right next to Cleveland just go shoot in the woods!

What part of Washington state you from? My brother just moved to Spokane and we were trying to get a hunt a deer or elk hunt together next year or so.

Rolen

Welcome! I am closer to Nashville so I am not sure about any free ranges in you area. I know folks in Polk county right next to Cleveland just go shoot in the woods!

What part of Washington state you from? My brother just moved to Spokane and we were trying to get a hunt a deer or elk hunt together next year or so.
Wenatchee about 2 hrs from your brother. Non resident fees are crazy in Washington and the hunting is ok but I would go to Idaho before WA.
Looks like I will go find a nice spot in Cherokee and pattern some loads!

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Welcome, neighbor!
A lot of guys use private land to pattern, or frankly they disregard the no shotgun rule at the nearest public ranges. I've seen guys do it at Spring Creek Range in the national forest all the time (talk about a place that's gone downhill in the past 15 years). It's not the worst thing they do.

philsanchez76

Wenatchee about 2 hrs from your brother. Non resident fees are crazy in Washington and the hunting is ok but I would go to Idaho before WA.
Looks like I will go find a nice spot in Cherokee and pattern some loads!
Ive heard that about Idaho a few times now. Thx for the tip and good luck on the turkey here in a few weeks!

Rolen

Welcome, neighbor!
A lot of guys use private land to pattern, or frankly they disregard the no shotgun rule at the nearest public ranges. I've seen guys do it at Spring Creek Range in the national forest all the time (talk about a place that's gone downhill in the past 15 years). It's not the worst thing they do.
Thanks I get the no shot gun rules I have replaced many of shot up target boards. I will probably just set out a box on national forest and pattern since I have no access to private. I try to avoid ranges if possible I have seen to many unsafe people and I don't need any extra holes in my body.

Latest posts