New (to me) recurve in the arsenal

CHRIS WILSON

Just picked this up off another site.
1191099604-2.jpg
1191099604-1.jpg

I've seen only a very few of these before, so when I saw it for sale, I jumped on it. It's a Hoyt Pro Medalist Takedown Hunter recurve with a 16" riser. It's 60" in length and pulls 48#@28" with the original factory camo'd limbs. Should make a nice tree stand or ground blind bow.

Locksley

Hoyt Pro Medalist Takedown Hunter recurve is a nice one . If you use the right limbs that Hoyt Pro Medalist riser has won olympic Archery titles.

CHRIS WILSON

Locksley......Yep, the pro medalist is a great riser. It was the basis for many olympic style recurves in it's day. Hoyt made that riser in several different lengths with the 16" being the shortest. The 16" was used on hunting bows such as this one. That notch in the front of the riser was done for broadhead clearance. I'm not sure if Hoyt just didn't make many of the 16" risers or if folks are just hanging on to them but, you don't see'em come up for sale very often.

CHRIS WILSON

I ended up stripping the camo paint off of the limbs and found some of the prettiest dark green glass limbs under there. Why someone would want to coverup those pretty things with paint is beyond me. Buffed them up with a finishing pad, wiped them down with denatured alcohol, sprayed them with a few coats of spar urethane and, BANG, they look like new. Refinishing the riser is going to be the next project. It's got a few chips in the finish I want to fix. I'm thinking a good quality enamel or epoxy paint will work well.

Latest posts