new to me mathews mq1!

OH_WELL

my wife surprised me with a mathews mq1 tonight after work as an early christmas present. it's been in the woods once and is in perfect shape. it is my second compound bow and will be what i hunt with if i can get everything ready before the end of season. on my old bow my nock point was under where i placed the nock, but the mathews is set up for the arrow to go under the nock point, so my question is....which way is the right way?

stik

ghosthunter said:
I shoot the the cousin of the MQ-1, the MQ-32. It's a great bow. About the nocking point, I would go with a loop.

just my opinion and i'm sure yours is different but the mq32 is the WORST bow mathews ever made

Dbllunger

I got my MQ-1 in 1998 and still use it to this day....I have shot two great does with it this year. I keep telling myself that I will get a new bow because the technology has advanced so much since I got that one but then I just can't make myself give it up......It still shoots so great and I have so much confidence in it. You will love that bow and it should serve you well for as long as you want to keep it. Congrats!!

OH_WELL

just got back from sighting it in. at 20 yards i nocked a fletching off one of my gt's. i absolutely love this bow. if i had more room to shoot i would keep going further, but at 20 yards i couldn't be happier. now if i could turn down the draw weight about 8 lbs i would be ecstatic.

Latest posts