New to me boat “hops” when trimmed

midtndeerhunter

Bought a 1860 with a 75 horse on it. Motor runs great but when I get on plane and trim up to ride it starts hopping like crazy if that makes sense. Basically have to keep it trimmed all the way down or it hops and beats you to death. Any ideas what my issue is? Picture shows mounting.

Attachments

• 1CB6C3BD-D6E4-4A10-B4F7-4F07024ED109.jpeg
    1CB6C3BD-D6E4-4A10-B4F7-4F07024ED109.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 118

midtndeerhunter

I might not of explained right lol. From dead stop motor trimmed all the way down. Hops on plan quick but when I trim up even a smidge to try and find that sweet spot it hops like crazy. Any trim up from no trim at all and it's a bucking bull.

midtndeerhunter

This is no load in boat at all. It does it at any speed . You think buy the hydrofoil and see if it fixes or take it somewhere to somebody that knows more than I, which is nothing.

MusicCityCajun

This is no load in boat at all. It does it at any speed . You think buy the hydrofoil and see if it fixes or take it somewhere to somebody that knows more than I, which is nothing.
Have someone who knows what they're doing look at it. If the prop is mounted just a tad too high or too low in relation to the bottom of the boat it could be catching too little or too much water and causes major problems with the performance .

tnanh

Buy you a hydrofoil. Dont know what year but 70-75 older Honda and Suzuki 4 stroke engines were known to be very heavy. Put a hydrofoil on my first War eagle with a 70 Suzuki 4 stroke and go full range trim with zero porpoising.

Uncle Jesse

My Ranger would hop too if I bumped the trim any

That's why they welded that stupid angle aluminum to the bottom of the hull that makes water fly everywhere

Granddaddy

Bought a 1860 with a 75 horse on it. Motor runs great but when I get on plane and trim up to ride it starts hopping like crazy if that makes sense. Basically have to keep it trimmed all the way down or it hops and beats you to death. Any ideas what my issue is? Picture shows mounting.
Adjust your trim.

Latest posts