New to hunting

aramirez

Hi Guys,

I moved to Tennessee 3 years ago and wanted to start getting into hunting. I really want to find land to hunt on. What are some ways to find out and how can I start getting into this sport?

akachuck

First of welcome to the campfire . 2nd hunting is not a sport it's a art. Guys here will tell you everything you need to know. What all would you like to know?

MickThompson

Go to a hunter safety class even if you're exempt. You'll get some TN specific information besides just the safety stuff.

TN Wildlife Federation and TN Wildlife Resources Agency offer various hunting 101 classes.

I'd start out small game hunting your local wildlife management areas or other public lands.

DoubleRidge

Welcome from Middle TN... great advice in previous post....the hunters safety course would be a great starting point....TWRA can provide information about public hunting land nearest your area....then once you gain the basic information you can get to know land owners in your community and see if it's possible to gain permission to hunt on private land.... sometimes this may involve helping out on the property with work or projects that needs doing.....another opportunity may be to join a lease where you pay to join and hunt private land....no matter what....you can hunt public land....be safe and enjoy the outdoors....be patient and ask questions..... plenty of folks on here are willing to share knowledge.

Latest posts