New string Recommendation

soggybottom

Need new strings on my bows I'm looking for good Quality strings. Been looking at the 60x string what do you think.
What do you use and why?
Thanks

TNDeerGuy

When I don't make my own, I use, and there is a bunch of us on here that do, use Matt at EnergyWave Bowstrings—right here in Mid-TN. In full disclosure, he is a close friend of mine and has been for years and that is where I learned the process and all the inside information, but I used his strings before we became close and will continue to do so when I need them. I've used all of the big players over my 30+ years of shooting, competitively and hunting: Winner's Choice, Vapor Trail, America's Best, Zebra, Brad at 60X, etc.... and too be honest, there isn't a big difference in most of them. One thing they all have in common is that most, if not all, are not as good of products as they were when they were smaller one-man operations. Once a string maker starts growing their business, the most important and talented person in that business starts losing the quality they once had because they have to hire outside help, that may or may not be as good as the original owner. My last set of one of the previous listed brands was awful because it was served different than the direction of the twist and I fought and fought rotation and other issues for weeks. I had to mail the string set back so they could "inspect it" and get me a new set out—my bow was down for 8 days because of it. That wouldn't have happened if the original owner, or someone with experience had laid and served the string.

I use Matt's strings because he is cheaper than the mass-produced guys, he hand lays them and serves them himself (he doesn't hire some barely above minimum wage flunky to come make strings for him), he is a local fellow Tennessean, he makes a quality product and completely stands behind his work, he has a intellectual process that he developed that makes his strings hold tension better and practically eliminates string creep, and he is a great guy!

http://www.energywavebowstrings.com/home.html

soggybottom

TNDeerGuy":327t24gi said:
When I don't make my own, I use, and there is a bunch of us on here that do, use Matt at EnergyWave Bowstrings—right here in Mid-TN. In full disclosure, he is a close friend of mine and has been for years and that is where I learned the process and all the inside information, but I used his strings before we became close and will continue to do so when I need them. I've used all of the big players over my 30+ years of shooting, competitively and hunting: Winner's Choice, Vapor Trail, America's Best, Zebra, Brad at 60X, etc.... and too be honest, there isn't a big difference in most of them. One thing they all have in common is that most, if not all, are not as good of products as they were when they were smaller one-man operations. Once a string maker starts growing their business, the most important and talented person in that business starts losing the quality they once had because they have to hire outside help, that may or may not be as good as the original owner. My last set of one of the previous listed brands was awful because it was served different than the direction of the twist and I fought and fought rotation and other issues for weeks. I had to mail the string set back so they could "inspect it" and get me a new set out—my bow was down for 8 days because of it. That wouldn't have happened if the original owner, or someone with experience had laid and served the string.

I use Matt's strings because he is cheaper than the mass-produced guys, he hand lays them and serves them himself (he doesn't hire some barely above minimum wage flunky to come make strings for him), he is a local fellow Tennessean, he makes a quality product and completely stands behind his work, he has a intellectual process that he developed that makes his strings hold tension better and practically eliminates string creep, and he is a great guy!

http://www.energywavebowstrings.com/home.html

Thank you for the reply, I'll look into EWS

Latest posts