New laws for 2018 for Tennessee

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Just saw this on facebook.

Union City, Tenn.—The city of Union City has posted a notice on its Facebook page reminding the public of two new laws which take effect January 1.

It will be ILLEGAL to operate a motor vehicle in any marked SCHOOL ZONE when warning flasher(s) are in operation and talk on a HANDHELD mobile telephone. This law does not prohibit talking on a mobile telephone that is equipped with a hands-free device while in a school zone.

Also effective starting January 1, 2018, state law prohibits colored, stead-burning lights at the front of a vehicle other than white or amber. In addition, any flashing lights at the front of a vehicle are prohibited with the exception of amber emergency flashers.

I really like the school zone / cell phone one.
The lights I ain't sure what they are even talking about.
If it is the super bright blue ones I am all for it though.

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
Re: New laws in Union City

Yea the second one is kind of vague.
Did it say with the exception of emergency vehicles? I cant see them outlawing flashing lights on police cars and such. I could be wrong of course

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter

cbhunter":dyrwe1em said:
Did it say with the exception of emergency vehicles? I cant see them outlawing flashing lights on police cars and such. I could be wrong of course

Naw, I'm sure this is just for the common folk.
I figure with Andy Holt pushing the fact that camera citations are illegal Union City is hurting for cash so they figure the cell phone deal is the next cash cow they can milk.

Personally I hate Union City.
Turning into little Memphis lately.

E

eddie c

"In addition, any flashing lights at the front of a vehicle are prohibited with the exception of amber emergency flashers."

what about these construction vehicles? I see some with white lights flashing.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter

eddie c":29g504nv said:
"In addition, any flashing lights at the front of a vehicle are prohibited with the exception of amber emergency flashers."

what about these construction vehicles? I see some with white lights flashing.

Probably depends on whether or not the construction company is based in Union City or not. :rotf:

pressfit

pressfit

apparently, stead is short for steady..?? lol.. so your headlights are stead.. your flashers are not..

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter

RUGER":3kvoh29s said:
cbhunter":3kvoh29s said:

I figure with Andy Holt pushing the fact that camera citations are illegal Union City is hurting for cash so they figure the cell phone deal is the next cash cow they can milk.

After a little brief digging, these are both statewide laws so its not just Union City. lol

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter

cbhunter":swxhpl5l said:
RUGER":swxhpl5l said:
cbhunter":swxhpl5l said:

After a little brief digging, these are both statewide laws so its not just Union City. lol

Cool.
I still hate Union City though. :D

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter

Chaneylake":2ab02nx4 said:
I was told the cell phone law thingy will be a State Law on January 1, could be wrong information

I believe you were told correctly.

J

jb3

I believe the color lights have to do with people having the green, red, blue, etc... led ligts that outline their headlights. Usually I see them on jeeps.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter

jb3":xkbescxv said:
I believe the color lights have to do with people having the green, red, blue, etc... led ligts that outline their headlights. Usually I see them on jeeps.

Got ya.
Wonder if they will actually enforce it?

shane37110

shane37110

RGB-LED-Halo-Rings-14.jpg

Is what the light law addresses

griz01

griz01

RUGER":2rc5y1lq said:
jb3":2rc5y1lq said:

Got ya.
Wonder if they will actually enforce it?

Cash Cow! Hugh fine will probably will enforce it on every vehicle, even those just passing though!

D

Deer Whisperer

I believe the light deal is regarding a lot of the custom lighting the kids are putting on their cars now.
I've seen some crazy stuff here in Murfreesboro.
A few weeks ago, I saw some blue lights at a distance. I went ahead and changed lanes because of the move over law. It ended up being a Honda Civic that had a lot of custom work done on it. I believe the local police will advise him to remove those lights. By the way, when I got close enough to get a good look at the car, it did look pretty cool.

B

BULL MOOSE

Why was a ban against it to begin with?

Barbers – Senate Bill 0032

This bill allows a barber to perform services in a home for anyone. In the past, a barber could only come to a person’s house to cut their hair if they were ill. However, a residential barber certificate is required to perform these services.

Snake

Snake

Don't think it's just related to Union City but to all of Tennessee but I could be wrong . Thinking I read there were 16 new laws to go into effect Jan. 1 , 2018 .