New Hunter from Nashville

t2star

Hi all,
New hunter here. I'm a medical student in my last year in Nashville. Looking to go after deer and possibly rabbits.

I am hoping to find a mentor.

As far as experience goes, I am real green. Before this year, I have only have gone out twice with a friend in college. These past few months, I have read a lot about hunting, and have gotten a savage Axis II in 270win and a 10/22 and became comfortable with those. But I went out for squirrel and rabbit with a friend in Cheatham twice with no luck. Somewhat discouraging, given that small game seems less difficult to harvest than deer. I have no desire to give up... just need some direction.

BuckWild

Welcome to the site.
Lots of good info to be found here. Hang around and don't be afraid to ask questions.
Small game season ends the last of February, so we are going into a long dry spell for small game and deer.

I'm about an hour west of you on the Tennessee River. I can put you onto all the squirrels you can handle. LoL

The hardest part of deer hunting is finding some place to hunt. If you can be successful on public ground, you are doing good.

A lot of good guys on this site that are willing to provide you with real life hunting experiences.

Just grab a seat next to the campfire and get comfortable.

Latest posts