New Field-judging buck age examples

Camp David

I'd looked for this thread before, but chunkandwind's thread brought me to do a search. He went to a lot of trouble to show us things we'd (I'd) never thought about.

Tiny

Camp David":18iol1ak said:
I'd looked for this thread before, but chunkandwind's thread brought me to do a search. He went to a lot of trouble to show us things we'd (I'd) never thought about.
TRUTH

hard county

Wow, haven't seen those pictures in awhile!
Bsk I mostly quit using this forum 12 years ago and I still occasionally reference these images. Also still pick up my copy of manage your deer 101 from time to time.

I learned a lot from you as an excited young land steward in the early days of this site and the wildlife on my farms benefited from your wealth of knowledge. Good to see you back here.

DoubleRidge

Bsk I mostly quit using this forum 12 years ago and I still occasionally reference these images. Also still pick up my copy of manage your deer 101 from time to time.

I learned a lot from you as an excited young land steward in the early days of this site and the wildlife on my farms benefited from your wealth of knowledge. Good to see you back here.

Where could someone get a copy of Manage your deer 101? I'm always interested in studying material on land or wildlife management.

hard county

Where could someone get a copy of Manage your deer 101? I'm always interested in studying material on land or wildlife management.
I got it for free when I joined qdma. It was written by dr grant woods, bsk, and I can't remember the third guy. It was an early (deer management is more than food plots) book. I definitely recommend

it looks like it's out of print, pretty steep price on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/p/47966858

TheLBLman

It's kinda like if you really want a fine wine to drink,
you cannot drink the juice from those grapes BEFORE
it has had time to turn into that fine wine.

Nothing wrong with drinking grape juice.
But if you want a fine wine,
you will never have it so long as you drink all the grape juice
before it can turn into wine.

And if you kill off your very best top-end young bucks,
you should never expect to have a top-end older buck.

But kill what makes you happy :)
Just don't complain that you never see a monstrous old buck
if you kill them before they have time to become that.

Latest posts