New Car Purchase

X-Tennessean

X-Tennessean

So I have been looking at buying another vehicle! Not that I don't have enough to pay taxes and insurance on now.....lol
I have a 13' dually (40k miles), 90' toyota pickup 4x4 (daily driver) and fiancee has an 08' F250 (100k miles)

We are looking at 4x4 SUV's to travel in and save mileage, wear and tear on our diesels. Seems like everything is going AWD vs 4x4, I am wanting to stay 4x4 personally.

Jeep Cherokee has drawn my attention in particular the Latitude Plus 4x4 as a "middle of the road" vehicle when it comes to all the amenities. I was not wanting brand new but from my findings the used is so close to the price of new it seems foolish not to go new!!

For example: 2014 Latitude 36k miles one owner, did need tires within 10-15k with minor scratches etc etc for $17,900 @ 4.9%.
2018 Latitude with updated interior but same trim level for $25,816 @ 0% for 60.

Thoughts? Anyone own one and have some input?

Also curious if anyone knew of any additional rebates/discounts aside from the standard for example Farm Bureau and AQHA membership offers $500 on Ford purchases.
I am Union and did see were they had a Union Plus True Car offer with participating dealerships but cannot find anyone who has every attempted to utilize the benefit.

Tn_Va_Hunter

Tn_Va_Hunter

I know Chrysler has been having bad transmission issues. My aunt has had 2 replaced under warranty in 2 years. They are super nice but we went with a Honda Pilot. Probably the best vehicle we have owned. Good luck in your search.

W

wkyhunter

Our company has some "supplier" discount at the US big three. You might check that.

UPSman

UPSman

My dad is on his 3rd transmission in his 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk and it doesn’t even have 40k miles on it. He is wanting to be rid of it so he can get a Grand Cherokee Summit edition.

woodyard

woodyard

I am on my third Jeep Wrangler on a mail route since 04. All the problems I have seen with them has been basically in the electronics. Some of which involved trans and engines. I would say they just don't have it all together on that part of the vehicles. The only reason I had them is that they are the only right hand drive vehicles we can buy now.

All our other vehicles are Toyotas. Cost more but have never had any problems even with the 99 Rav 4 I drive to work every day.