New boots

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

Lowa Trekkers.
These are medium weight hiking boots with a leather lining, no Gortex, and a rubber rand. I’m wearing them to work now and around town trying to break them in (Lowas don’t take much time at all and if the fit is decent are ready to go right out of the box). I will be treating the leather outers with Kenetrek boot wax after a few days of use.
The leather lining should allow for a breathable boot and with proper care I’m hoping to keep them “waterproof”.
I’m slowly switching to Merino wool socks, all day every day. This along with the leather liner will hopefully keep he stink at bay.
The only thing I will do after a couple weeks of use is replace the insoles. I replaced the ones Lowa Tibets after a couple years and wish I’d done it sooner, the insoles are my only complaints with Lowas.

So, I should have these dudes broke in and leather treated like I want but Turkey season. My Tibet’s are still in great shape but they are lightly insulated so these should provide a milder boot.

Shoe Buy had a 30% off coupon so I was able to score these for a sweet deal. A European made leather boot for around $200 is a great deal, IMO. Anyone in th market for a quality boot should look into these.
335c70b2197077c09ea75e244511ca9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

BDS05

Do you have any experience with Schnee vs Tibbet?
I can only find 20% off on their site.
Do you have any experience on returns with this website?
Thanks for passing this along.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

D

Deer Whisperer

Go online and buy you some wool felt insoles. You can buy them in just about any thickness you want. The thinnest I've seen is either 2mm or 3mm. The thickest I've seen is 13mm. They are very comfortable and really help with moisture management. I bought 5 or 6 different kinds and thicknesses right before deer season and have used them in every pair of boots and shoes I can.

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

BDS05":3iifyfiu said:
Do you have any experience with Schnee vs Tibbet?
I can only find 20% off on their site.
Do you have any experience on returns with this website?
Thanks for passing this along.

I’ve only owned the Tibet’s and they have been great. I have packed out a lot of heavy loads and covered countless miles with them. Excellent boot. Just make sure you clean them and treat them for water.
The 30% coupon must be expired now bu check back often as they run good coupons often.
I have not used this he return service but I have heard it is hassle free, the shoes must not be worn though if you do exchange them.

BuckWild

BuckWild

Supporter
How do their sizes run? Most Euro style boots I've seen seem to run small and narrow.

Asking for a friend that wears a 14EEEE

LoL

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

BuckWild":2c6slbqm said:
How do their sizes run? Most Euro style boots I've seen seem to run small and narrow.

Asking for a friend that wears a 14EEEE

LoL

My Tibet’s fit perfect in 10w, my new Trekkers are a bit loose in the 10w. But, I like the extra room for feet swell during extraneous hikes.
If I were to use these for everyday use only, I might exchange them and try the regular 10. Good thing about shoebuy is the free exchange.

B

BDS05

Just got mine in yesterday. Size is true. I purchased at 20% off. Two days later, I got an email for a flash sale at 30%. I called them and they gave me the additional 10%. Boot and seller seem top notch thus far.

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

BDS05":h5yghoi9 said:
Just got mine in yesterday. Size is true. I purchased at 20% off. Two days later, I got an email for a flash sale at 30%. I called them and they gave me the additional 10%. Boot and seller seem top notch thus far.

Sweet! Giving you that extra 10% speaks highly of the company.