New and Old at the Range Yesterday

DaveB

At the range getting a Daniel Defense barrel zeroed in.
A pleasant surprise--repeatable accuracy with several different loads and bullets. Did not always shoot to the same POI but each load shot very tight groups and this was with silly red dot stuff (i do not like red dots) at 50 and some low-power glass at 100. BTW, When I say tight I should say cloverleafs and sub 1/2 MOA-this with a semi auto and my Son shooting. Using some kind of flash suppressor thing and I have to admit it really did reduce muzzle flash.

Also took the 22-250 and as usual the Browning done good. 60 Gr partitions, Federal brass, 210M, max load of Superformance, 3500 FPS. With my eyesight I must remember to use right set of crosshairs (I get two sets kinda fuzzy).

The Axis 223 with max loads of Shooters World Tactical Rifle and 70 grain Accubonds is now my go to load. Different POI that the 60 Partitions but tighttighttight. The Boyds thumbhole stock is perfect.

Our Rem 700 ADL with 90 gr Accubonds and a healthy dose of RL15 (who woulda thunk that?) is back to an accuracy level I like. I must admit to over 100 rounds of these Abonds down the tube before we got a good result.

Latest posts