Never thought I would say it...

CAW

...but I think I like Turkey Hunting better than Deer Hunting! (That may change come September, but for now it's Turkey Hunting!)

4b57741f-732e-4381-954f-347c01a71eae_zpsbf145d02.jpg

catman529

I can't decide, around deer season I don't care for turkeys, and around turkey season I don't care for deer. I see em about equal I guess. But deer don't gobble and strut. They just grunt. How boring

CAW

It's kind of like when I was a kid. In the Spring, baseball was my favorite sport. In the fall, football was my favorite sport.

93civEJ1

CAW said:
...but I think I like Turkey Hunting better than Deer Hunting! (That may change come September, but for now it's Turkey Hunting!)

4b57741f-732e-4381-954f-347c01a71eae_zpsbf145d02.jpg

Honestly I have to agree. Turkey hunting has more exciting action I think with them responding to calls and flaring up their feathers and going on.

stik

i just don't get the excitement from a turkey that i do from a deer. no adrenalin, no elevated heart rate...nothing. most times when turkey hunting, i wish i had gone fishing.

CAW

I guess if every successful deer hunt was stalking from the ground, hearing a buck fight and then rattling up a giant buck within 40 yards I would feel different.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE deer hunting. All I do is bow hunt and usually with a camera (self filming), and it is a lot of fun. The self filming aspect adds to the challenge and it is a huge rush when everything comes together. There is just something about turkey hunting that I like a little bit more. But like I said, come September, I may have a TOTALLY different opinion!

rem.30-06

i love hunting them both but i enjoy turkey hunting more as far as the hunt goes. i get more excitement when i kill a deer tho so i guess you could say they equal out.

Latest posts