Neighbor likely not checking deer

DeerCamp

So, for reasons I won't go into, me and a neighbor have reason to believe that a guy who hunts an adjoining farm doesn't check in the deer he shoots.
What is the process for doing this? Can TWRA check this without letting this guy know someone reported him?

I don't want enemies, and I don't want them to bother him if he IS checking them in - but I have no problems with this guy being pissed if he is breaking the law.

Carlos

This would be a very easy case for the county officer to check up on.

I never mind them checking up on me, because I follow the rules, it's actually encouraging when they check, because it justifies their existence.

Jcalder

Because this guy is likely killing more deer than he should be, which impacts our hunting.
Are you sure? I would make dang sure I was correct before I started throwing the guy under the bus. But my comment wasn't really directed at you personally, just a general comment on neighbors. Everyone wants to worry about what the neighbors have going without worrying about their own problems.

Spurhunter

If they are required to check in deer, then they are breaking the law...period. That is poaching, isn't it?
Because this guy is likely killing more deer than he should be, which impacts our hunting.
I agree. Most of us spend way too much money and time on land improvements, food plots, tractor work, fuel, etc. to have a poaching neighbor diminish the quality of our hunts. The people that say mind your own business remind me of people living in a crime infested ghetto that won't call the police or report a crime because they don't want to be a snitch. That is such a junior high mentality. I would have to be reasonably sure I was right before I called the game warden, but if he checks it out and finds nothing then no harm no foul. I couldn't care less if someone calls the game warden on me or any of my club members. We don't break the law and he will quickly find out he's wasting his time checking us.

tug

I fail to understand why people get all worried about their neighbors. My neighbors don't bother me and I don't bother them.
I associate with that comment. Except I have been in the game long enough to know that the same guy that poaches does a lot of other stuff that is bad for the neighborhood. Every poacher and trespasser I have ever turned in also had a criminal history and/or active warrants for other stuff.

Latest posts