Need to get rid of beavers

backroads

I have a creek that runs through our property in Hardin Country that has been dammed by some beavers. I want to get rid of them before they totally cut down all the trees. I have no idea how many of them there are. I figure it may only be a couple (just guessing).

If anyone is interested in trapping them send me a PM and we�ll work out the details.

backroads

brmaster said:
Si on duck dynasty has the right idea

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I went out there today and saw how much progress they have made. Needless to say if I'd had a stick I would have lit it off.

I'm hoping someone on here has the traps and wants the hides

pressfit

I'm betting you will have to pay for a animal damage control guy to come out and get them.. season is over as far as them having quality fur.. if they where here in Giles I'd be happy to get them for you.. your probably looking at $75 to $100 each if you have to end up hiring a trapper..

Chaneylake

its easy if you access is easy, do the following

1. tear out 2-3 foot wide area in dam in early morning.
2. do your daily routine
3. about 1 hour after dark show up at dam with spotlight and weapon
4. shine spotlight on break on dam and upstream area, beavers will swim from dark into lighted area and never get alarmed
5. shoot beaver
6. adult beverage and female companion makes this more fun

I do it all the time, my favorite shot is bullseye on the nose so the bullet never makes a splash on the water, I have do it for almost 50 years

backroads

Thanks pressfit. I wish the land was in Giles since that is where I live as well. I may have to take your suggestion to get rid of them.

BamaProud

Supporter
This is how we took care of our Beaver Problem.
542784_10151299173356512_1365763137_n.jpg

South Alabama Beaver Hunt

BamaProud

Supporter
Seriously, break a hole in their dam and come back an hour after sunset with a headlamp and shotgun. They will be in a trance rebuilding.