Need some help

SALTMAN

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2001
Messages
2,338
Location
Cadiz Ky
Two - three days ago I had a DA moment and put part of a deer front leg in the micro to cook for my mutt . The DA moment influenced me to put it on 10 mins ( it was a pretty good chunk of meat and bone ). Then I took said mutt and myself on our daily trip around the country side . If my sinuses were clear I probably could have smelt it outside the house . Inside was terrible . Despite the cold I opened doors , windows and turned on all the vent fans . House now seems pretty good , till you turn on the microwave . It has been cleaned with everything we know and the smell is still puke worthy . Anyone have any ideas , preferably proven ? Before I start searching for a new one . Thanks in advance .
 

Tenntrapper

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2016
Messages
4,253
My wife mixes vinegar and water in a microwave safe bowl, then cooks in micro for so many minutes. Don't know the ratio, but I'm sure you could Google it....it's what she did.
 

Black Titan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Messages
92
Location
Roane County
My daughter decided to pop a bag of popcorn one day for WAY too long. Walked off and left it. The smoke detectors let us know there was a problem.

It took WEEKS to get the smell completely out of the kitchen, and the microwave was done for. I tried vinegar, lemon water, etc. Nothing could get that smell out. We ended up having to get a new microwave.

BT
 

MickThompson

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
4,035
Location
Cookeville, Tennessee
My wife wrapped a corn dog in a paper towel for the kid and nuked it for 10 instead of 1. One too many zeroes. Burned the paper and from then on any time the microwave ran it smelled like someone was smoking cigarettes in my kitchen.

That one went to the dump.
 

Latest posts

Top