Need some advice

Beardendy88

Where I live we deer for some reason will not eat corn between now and around June. It's not just my farm that has this problem because my neighbor also does and a man down the road also does. I don't know why this is but oh well. Anyways I figured since they are hitting the salt licks pretty hard I should put something salty or sweet in my feeder but I have no idea what. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? This is my first year putting out feeders.

Shed Hunter

I generally don't attempt to get deer pics between now and June. Really.. this weekend is when my cams will come out and June is when they go back lol

So in other words.. I personally would just stick with making mineral sites and not worry about how many pics you get over a feeder.. bucks won't have there horns much longer if they still do anyways.

Hunter 257W

Deer vary so much from one place to another that nobody can tell you what you should do. My deer will eat corn year round but will hardly touch salt from about Rifle season to late April. i kept 2 or 3 cameras up year round over mineral licks for about 8 years and the pictures would come to a grinding halt over all of them during the time I mentioned. I could always bring them in with corn though. You just have to keep trying different things.

45min. to the stand

yup. I went out yesterday and not much business on the licks for the past few weeks. we'll see how the corn feeders go. A few years ago, they were eating 100lbs a week...

Good time Charlie

My neighbor has a pet doe ,it Likes tomatoes better then anything. It will whinny like a little pony when you give it one.
They also feed it dog biscuits ..since it thinks it is a dog.
They have about 4 little dogs and they all run together.

I did advise them of what was to come this fall..since they keep it up in the house at night.
On a side note this doe is half the size of what it should be...one may think that a domesticated deer that had all it wanted to eat would be huge.