Need - smith in tri cities

smalljawbasser

I called my smith in Abingdon today to get a stock bedded and an anschutz trigger fixed, and he told me he was so busy he couldn't get to me til after the first of the year.

any recommendations for gunsmiths that could do said work in the tri cities area? I need somebody that knows what they are doing.

sll

Most of the good gunsmiths that were on our end of the state are dead and gone now and it is a dying art. There is a guy in Stanley Valley above Church Hill that advertises a lot......but I do not know anything about his work personally. He advertises in the Kingsport Times usually and it is called "R.E.N. Gunsmithing" (Ralph Norris) if I recall correctly. I called him one time as he is near me as I was looking for a FFL to do a transfer for me. If I recall correctly he told me he had just moved to this area a couple of years ago and had been doing 'smith work for over 20 or so years. You might just give him a call to feel him out......I don't know anyone I can refer as a reference for that has used him though.

You can Google him and he only has 6 reviews posted by people on there but all of them rated him 5 stars.

Last edited:

Latest posts