Need reccomendation on rings

Coldfusion

What would be the best rings for a savage axis 308? Planning to get a vortex diamondback 3-9x40.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jcalder

I had troubles with the dnz and a diamondback hp. Had I went with a set of high mounts I'd been fine. I went with mediums and the mag dial hit the mount base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveB

The DNZ rings, those are the one-piece ones?

I will post up a pic of my set up: .223 Axis with 6x18x44 one inch tube Weaver Kaspa scope. The rail has 3 rear 2 front locations for rings. The bolt lift is close to the power ring but no problem working the action. I seem to recall the "standard" two piece rail bases did not allow for much scope adjustment. The front ring in the picture I will post illustrates the problem with the Weaver. I just took my Dback scope and roughly placed it and you will need the same base or very similar to the one I use.

Attachments

• SAM_2245.JPG
    SAM_2245.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 442
  • SAM_2246.JPG
    SAM_2246.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 443
  • SAM_2247.JPG
    SAM_2247.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 441

Aquaholic

Jcalder":1ufuq164 said:
I had troubles with the dnz and a diamondback hp. Had I went with a set of high mounts I'd been fine. I went with mediums and the mag dial hit the mount base

Not trying to be an ass ... Butt did you contact DNZ and ask them what they would recommend for your set up? As I do not see this as a problem with the rings as it wasn't the right rings for the application ... They would exchange them for the correct rings...

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Jcalder

Aquaholic":1xudo4k1 said:
Jcalder":1xudo4k1 said:

Not trying to be an ***** ... Butt did you contact DNZ and ask them what they would recommend for your set up? As I do not see this as a problem with the rings as it wasn't the right rings for the application ... They would exchange them for the correct rings...

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
yes I did and they had no idea. They thought they would and honestly I did as well. Ended up ordering on eBay. Got the mounts in. My concern was the actual spacing. The scope fit but very little room to move it forward or backward. Less than 1/8 inch. What I didn't realize is the mag ring hit on the back of the base. Once tightened down I couldn't zoom in or out. I don't think it's the rings fault as the vortex is short and what I would describe as fat. The mag ring is oversized vs previous setups that I've used. Had I known the current setup was gonna hit I may have went with high mounts for clearance. But I honestly had no intentions with going to high mounts as this is for my daughter and she's having cheek weld issues anyway. I ended up going with an egw rail and had to cut it off or go to high rings there. It's more of a scope issue than the rings but I like the scope

Latest posts