Need logs or logger recommendations.

fishboy1

I am trying to source some house logs for the log home we are building. House logs need to be 40'+ minimum 10" at the top and pretty straight with no rot. Long list of acceptable species.

Anybody cutting logs on their place? Anybody have a reputable logger they have worked with I should call?

Found a trucker who will haul long house logs and my dirt guy has a big excavator with claw to unload them. Now I just need to source the logs.

Thanks

lpo1981

Good luck finding a good logger. I'm trying to do the same and have some timber logged but I can find anybody reputable enough that I trust. Maybe you will have better luck in your area.

fishboy1

timberjack86 said:
I wish I could help you now but I am still cutting pine. Let me know if you dont find a source by this summer and I should have some good oak. If it ever dries up.

You are still top of my list but I am trying to get the ball rolling. Even if I don't get my house logs from you Ill probably be in touch for some "normal" sized logs to mill into beams for our pole barn later this summer. Appreciate all your help and good advice TJ86!

timberjack86

fishboy1 said:
timberjack86 said:
I wish I could help you now but I am still cutting pine. Let me know if you dont find a source by this summer and I should have some good oak. If it ever dries up.

You are still top of my list but I am trying to get the ball rolling. Even if I don't get my house logs from you Ill probably be in touch for some "normal" sized logs to mill into beams for our pole barn later this summer. Appreciate all your help and good advice TJ86!
Your welcome! I wish you the best and hope you find someone who is fair and honest to deal with.You can always shoot me a pm if you have any questions.I would love to see the house when you get it finished!

Boone 58

Hensley Logging......Wayne County. Tell Terry i sent you. Not sure of his range but he is cutting in Hickman county now. Just spoke with him Sunday. 931-332-6004

Latest posts