Food Plots Need Iron clay cowpeas fast !

NChunt1

In one of my soybean plots I had a complete failure due to malfunction of the drill and only about 15% of the beans came up. I really need to try to find some iron clay cow peas to have something in there for summer forage I think it may be a little too late to replant in soybeans. I'm having trouble finding any peas and need them by next weekend I'm located in the Chattanooga area so let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
In one of my soybean plots I had a complete failure due to malfunction of the drill and only about 15% of the beans came up. I really need to try to find some iron clay cow peas to have something in there for summer forage I think it may be a little too late to replant in soybeans. I'm having trouble finding any peas and need them by next weekend I'm located in the Chattanooga area so let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks

It's a random thought, but try reaching out to organizers of the cowpea festival in Charleston, TN. Should come up on Google. Through a series of phone calls you might find a source of plantable cowpeas.

ADR

Some farmers are just now finishing up double crop beans. Usually if planting this late I increase my population to 150k/acre but they should easily make a stand. Plus a lot of farmers are cleaning out their soybean planters. They usually just discard extra beans left in the planter. May be worth asking.

NChunt1

I may try soybeans again but if the size plot plant it pretty much has to be a forage bean that can with stand some grazing. I was under the impression deer didn't care to much for buck wheat

BSK

I may try soybeans again but if the size plot plant it pretty much has to be a forage bean that can with stand some grazing. I was under the impression deer didn't care to much for buck wheat
That would be a mistake! Most desired plant in my plots (although more so in early fall than mid-summer).

Latest posts