Need help on picking a zero turn mower????

redhunterZ71

I've never owned one and I've narrowed it down to either the60" toro 3000 series for 8500$ out the door or the hustler x one 60" for $9200 out the door. Can anybody tell me if they have one and what's your opinions??????? I will be mowing my yard that is around 4 or 5 acres and its all a steady slope does one do better than others on hills?

JN

When I lived in cleveland we used a toro 60" and it did pretty good on hills. The smaller zero turns did not do good at all on the hills. Now that I am in Johnson City I use a scag turf tiger to mow approx 10 acres. I think the scag does better then the toro on hills but it may just be I have learned how to use a zero turn after using one for 15 years.

imograss

I've gor a 27/60 Hustler Super Z. I used to mow commercially. These have the lowest center of gravity so they stick to slopes better then all the others I demoed. They have great features and are just built tough. The others mentioned are great mowers as well.

iowavf

beechnut said:
That's what we have at the school. The new Gravely brand zero turn mowers out look like Xmark and built about the same but are priced way less. We ran one while the Xmark was getting repaired and they seem to made pretty good and will be looking at these next time around.

RatherBeHuntin

The Scag Turf Tiger is the best mower I have ever sit on. They will hold awesome on the side of a hill, but they are not cheap. You get what you pay for. If you don't want to spend alot, I've heard the Cub Cadets with the steering wheel do real well on a hillside.

JandSCattleCo

For hills a Dixie Chopper. They come with a more aggressive tire but will keep you from sliding.

I personally have always ran a Bad Boy, but not the homeowner version from TSC.

Ours has 1/4" steel deck, tractor linkages for deck supports and runs like a beast.

bbuck14

I have 2 John Deere Comercial mowers and 1 Exmark. I cut alot of yards and 8 acres a week at my house. I have a long curvy step levy around a couple of big ponds. I have no trouble with the John Deere hugging the slopes when cutting. I would make sure whatever I decided on has the wide frame, low to the ground, and wide back tires. There is a number of good ones out there.

Wildcat

I had a 27/60 Hustler Super Z when we was living at my mothers place, it was 7 aces and it did the job so fast you wouldn't beleive it. I still have it today and will use it until I die. Like said before it's great on hills.