Need a taxidermist in the Clarksville area.

david.samuelson

Can anyone recommend a taxidermist in the Clarksville area? I have an oryx head that was in storage for three years. When it was delivered to me it was in terrible condition. Bugs had eaten holes in it and the hide on the nose and mouth area was about half gone. I need an appraisal and to know if it could be fixed. The antlers are 39 3/4" long so it is a very good animal and I would like to know if this is something that could be repaired. Thank you.

DoubleRidge

I'm not a taxidermist but have been friend's with several over the years and have spent hours in several different shops and if your oryx is missing half the hide around mouth and nose my guess is that particular cape can not be repaired but it's possible another cape can be purchased to basically replace your cape....of course this is going to add cost to an already expensive mount....but to some it would be well worth it....good luck....hope you get it worked out.

david.samuelson

I'm not a taxidermist but have been friend's with several over the years and have spent hours in several different shops and if your oryx is missing half the hide around mouth and nose my guess is that particular cape can not be repaired but it's possible another cape can be purchased to basically replace your cape....of course this is going to add cost to an already expensive mount....but to some it would be well worth it....good luck....hope you get it worked out.
Thanks. I have done a little research and fortunately a cape can be had on the internet for about $350 - $500 so that cost is not too bad. Just need to get someone to put it all together for me.

Bucket

You done with my full mount polar bear yet?
He's getting close.

DoxTm9TWwAE5Dh7.jpg

Latest posts