need a new treestand

Nsghunter

I bought an Old man Grand Vision (I think) climber from a member on here about 5 years ago. The stand is great and I really love it. Unfortunately I noticed that its wore out in a way that I think is going to cause some safety issues and need to replace it. I contacted Ol man stands and they explained that it was made before they acquired the company and they couldn't sell me any parts for it.

I am in the market for a new climbing stand now. I prefer aluminum stand and also I want a stand with the honeycomb on the platform vs. the bars.

The only aluminum climbing stand I've seen with the honeycomb platform is an API climber. Does anyone know anything about API? are they a good brand? I tried to link the climber but unfortunately I can't because my work computer has many websites it deems not "safe".

tree_ghost

API is a good brand and makes a solid tree stand. When I used the bow hunter model however they used pins to lock the chain in place. I'm not a fan of pins. I would also encourage you to look at Lone Wolf sit climb. No pins, honey comb platform, very quiet, and packs very well into the woods. You can replace the factory seat with a hazemore silent seat and you'll have a similar setup to your old man stand.

flankston

Go bigger thank me later! Standing up and turning around to pee or climb down is tight.
I've been looking at the 180 max by summit. Currently have a XOP and love it but I have issues with the seat. Very good for packing but not all day sits. I've been doing more all day sits this year and not coming down until after dark but feel as I've been beaten with a baseball bat the next day.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
I use one of these cushions in my seat , makes a huge difference!

Attachments

• E6901ADF-6EF9-4E2B-8484-2A008B06A92C.jpeg
    E6901ADF-6EF9-4E2B-8484-2A008B06A92C.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 77

Nsghunter

API is a good brand and makes a solid tree stand. When I used the bow hunter model however they used pins to lock the chain in place. I'm not a fan of pins. I would also encourage you to look at Lone Wolf sit climb. No pins, honey comb platform, very quiet, and packs very well into the woods. You can replace the factory seat with a hazemore silent seat and you'll have a similar setup to your old man stand.
I really like lone wolf but i am concerned my back my not tolerate one. I have an alpha and I love it but for some reason is hurts my back terribly. Maybe the sit and climb wouldn't be as bad. IDK that aftermarket seat might be the trick.

Knothead

I bought an Old man Grand Vision (I think) climber from a member on here about 5 years ago. The stand is great and I really love it. Unfortunately I noticed that its wore out in a way that I think is going to cause some safety issues and need to replace it. I contacted Ol man stands and they explained that it was made before they acquired the company and they couldn't sell me any parts for it.

I am in the market for a new climbing stand now. I prefer aluminum stand and also I want a stand with the honeycomb on the platform vs. the bars.

The only aluminum climbing stand I've seen with the honeycomb platform is an API climber. Does anyone know anything about API? are they a good brand? I tried to link the climber but unfortunately I can't because my work computer has many websites it deems not "safe".

I have an API climber that's probably only been used 5-6 times. I bought it, but soon after, hurt my back and just didn't use it much but opted for ladder stands or shooting houses. Now, I've just gotten spoiled to those and do not climb. It's like new condition.
It has the fold down bar (the bar you sit on while ascending/descending) as an option for those who like the concept of the open shot that Summit offers. Chains are in excellent shape as is the seat. Comes with shoulder straps, stirrups, bow holder, and a camo bag you can hang on the armrest. Very comfortable stand. You'll be hard pressed to find a stand that grips a tree like the API does. It has aggressive 'teeth' for a good grip. Make me an offer.

Attachments

• 86CDB44E-1471-41F3-8323-F26662ABCB38.jpeg
    86CDB44E-1471-41F3-8323-F26662ABCB38.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 68
  • D46668D1-21F7-4473-8F56-5771088C12FC.jpeg
    D46668D1-21F7-4473-8F56-5771088C12FC.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 5933ED44-B866-425A-8201-915B35A49A94.jpeg
    5933ED44-B866-425A-8201-915B35A49A94.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 73

Snake

I have an API climber that's probably only been used 5-6 times. I bought it, but soon after, hurt my back and just didn't use it much but opted for ladder stands or shooting houses. Now, I've just gotten spoiled to those and do not climb. It's like new condition.
It has the fold down bar (the bar you sit on while ascending/descending) as an option for those who like the concept of the open shot that Summit offers. Chains are in excellent shape as is the seat. Comes with shoulder straps, stirrups, bow holder, and a camo bag you can hang on the armrest. Very comfortable stand. You'll be hard pressed to find a stand that grips a tree like the API does. It has aggressive 'teeth' for a good grip. Make me an offer.
There you go ....

Gravey

Latest posts