Need a little help boys...

tree_ghost

tree_ghost

My wife’s grandfather is married to his 3rd wife who is basically a black widow... there is strong evidence that she poisoned her sister to death and she has been physically violent towards my wife’s grandfather. She has had him sign all his rights away to his property and pensions and taken over his power of attorney. He had an “accident” a year ago where he fell down and injured himself badly. For recovery he was supposed to do a month of inpatient rehabilitation and return home. Well instead his wife has had him committed to a nursing home and abandoned him there and we legally cannot move him. (We are attempting to gain legal control back) Well the nursing home he is in is one of the worst in Atlanta and trust me he can afford much better but his blood sucking wife is living high on the hog while he rots away in a bed. Now to get to where I need help... I am 90% positive that Norman is being abused by the nursing home staff and he is too scared to tell us. I want to plant a hidden camera in his room to watch things over the next month. Does anyone know what camera might be best suited for this application and where might I locate one? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

RandyinTN

Sounds like an episode of Dateline. Good luck figuring it out.

TNReb

TNReb

Supporter
I thought the subject said "need a little boy's help".

I read this twice trying to figure out what you needed a lottle boy for!

I can't be much help with the camera question, but hope the situation takes a better turn in the near future.

B

BlackBelt

You will need to document as much as possible to bring action against the wife and the nursing home. You will then need to get a really good attorney to walk you through the processes of what the judge is going to need to see to make a declaration on behalf of the man. The attorney is your guide here and you need to find one ASAP...as in right now.

The attorney is going to need you to do three things: document, document and document.
You need dates, times, places, incidents, witnesses if available, and corroboration of your findings.

About your cameras...you will need to see if it is allowed in his state. I dont know GA law, but you should thoroughly understand their laws on surreptitious recording devices used with an unaware party being recorded, as well as the HIPPA laws concerning recording someone in a medical facility including a nursing home.

It is not easy to do so get ready for a battle. Don't ever let up pressure on those taking advantage of him. Remember that you are his best and only advocate at this point. To stop abuses start showing up at the nursing home at odd times and question (but not accuse) the staff about what you see. Typically when they are being held accountable on a daily basis the abuses stop.

I am sorry he is in this situation right now. Unfortunately it happens WAY more often than most people know.

X-Tennessean

X-Tennessean

I have a pen camera that works EXCELLENT and functions as a pen as well!! Bought off Ebay along with a digital clock camera that records nonstop.

There are all sorts of options out there but I personally know these two work really well.
http://stores.ebay.com/watadeeel

Very good dealings with him and responds fast to any questions you may have.

Pic IN the Casa

Pic IN the Casa

Good Lord. Prayers for y'all.

double browtine

double browtine

Prayers sent for your situation. You may want to ask an attorney before placing a camera. In a hospital setting, this would be a HIPPA violation. I would think the same would be true in a nursing home too.

tree_ghost

tree_ghost

SilverFox":6ovkna5y said:
I wouldn't worry about a camera. I'd go get him and take him home with me.

That has been tried once already and the authorities were notified and blocked our attempt.

Thanks for the links on the spy gear guys. I think we are going to try a wall clock camera. I think having it up on the wall will give us the best vantage point to see the entire room. It’s a terrible situation but we are bound by the laws that govern this nation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L

Laserman1

Supporter
Good luck. Learned the hard way , I GA wife gets everything she has her name on regardless of a will or your wishes. I know this first hand. My dad remarried , got cancer, and she had him change everything into her name. Didn't even let us know he had died. Read the obit in paper. She walked off with $980,000 in mutual funds , $500,000 house and my 21 gun collection from My dad and grandad. Law says everything in the house after death belongs to her regardless of what the will says. Good luck.