Nearly 1,000 people disqualified in first duck blind drawing

WilcoKen

Wow what a dang joke lol. This is 100% peoples fault for not knowing the rules. Now our chances diminish even more by allowing these other an extended time to "get it right"
Exactly. I knew about the rule way before the draw. This is a joke. AGAIN. Inept. Im going to go ahead and call it--they will allow single draw applicants next. "But but but I still dont know 3 other duck hunters". TWRA--"Ok you can draw by yourself ".

TimberMan

The rules were put in place and all who entered the draw should have read the regulations. Now those who met the requirement are getting pushed aside. It should not be extended. If they chose to make a change only the 1000 should be able to make a change. NOT NEW APPLICANTS WHO DID NOT MEET THE DEADLINE

Dodge Man

Displaced_Vol

I think I heard this, but the 4 hunter minimum will be the requirement for the quota hunts later in the year also, correct? Or tier 2 or 3 or whatever the hell.

WilcoKen

You know what is so stupid?--they thump their chest and say "we heard you and we will do the right thing" and open the draw back up--for 7%. Yet a far higher % of waterfowl hunters wish to go back to in-person draw and they wont do a thing about it. They hear what they want to hear.

Pic IN the Casa

You know what is so stupid?--they thump their chest and say "we heard you and we will do the right thing" and open the draw back up--for 7%. Yet a far higher % of waterfowl hunters wish to go back to in-person draw and they wont do a thing about it. They hear what they want to hear.
EXACTLY!!!!
Wonder how many commish bedwetters couldn't muster up 4 friends to make a group?

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Exactly. I knew about the rule way before the draw. This is a joke. AGAIN. Inept. Im going to go ahead and call it--they will allow single draw applicants next. "But but but I still dont know 3 other duck hunters". TWRA--"Ok you can draw by yourself ".
The 4 hunter minimum party is in the law for this season. I'd almost bet it goes away when they look at changes for next year, especially for tier 1 blinds.

WilcoKen

The best way to do these draws in my opinion is to make friends with people that are like minded hunters like your self. Get a group of 8-20 people to draw together. Then you have help to build blinds in the past, brush and put out decoys. You also have enough people to keep someone in the blind most days of the season.
This right here. This is exactly how we used to set up our draws. It was so much better and simpler. I understand there are folks that may not know alot of people to draw with. I was one--but i started networking (not on social media) and got to know folks. Gained about 10-15 new friends and got to duck hunt too. With the clusters of the last 3 years, TWRA completely ruined every aspect of how we set up to draw. Dont really see most of the 10-15 guys much anymore. We text every now and then and trade picture messages of the ducks we kill in AR and MO. Thanks TWRA!

Kritter Gitter

I initially did not know about the 4 man minimum. BUT as stated before, I am not defending them, but they did send out emails and other notices to let people know days before the deadline. I was able to fix mine and it worked out. Just have to pay attention and know the rules. I have always been told by game wardens, ignorance of the laws does not make it ok when you break em.