NC might outlaw cartridge guns in primitive season

Doskil

I know the use of cartridge guns has generated lots of discussion on here during primitive/ muzzleloader season.

A few years ago the state of NC rewrote their rules to legalize guns made before 1898 in muzzleloader season including ones that fire cartridges.

Now I've heard they are repealing that and going back to just muzzleloaders.

Maybe primitive will go back to meaning primitive.

ImThere

Maybe. But it's hard to consider an in-line or smokeless ml primitive? Thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter 257W

Whatever set of rules/laws you come up with there will be some people who will game the system. What we hunt with now during muzzle loader season is so far removed from the ML's being used when the special season was created that there is really no justification for having an early special season for muzzle loaders. In-lines are bad enough but you have people using converted cartridge guns that pretty much equal a 30-06 ballistically, yet they meet the law because they load from the front. I'm certainly not pushing for allowing cartridge guns during ML season however. I'd not kick up much of a fuss if they went back to only side lock authentic cap or flint ignited ML's for ML season. That would kick me out of 2 weeks of hunting as I wouldn't bother with getting one and would instead sit my in-line ML aside and wait to hunt till rifle season.

mike243

set a limit and any weapon ,to many folks only want extra time for what they like to hunt with and poo on every body else,a cartridge should not be used during Muzzle Loading season imo