NB Forrest Statue Removal

Camp David

Camp David

Just hours ago the Memphis city counsel voted to remove the Nathan Bedford Forrest statue from downtown Memphis. I'm not quite clear, but it appears someone, somewhere already knew what was going down because removal equipment was readily available and they are about to lift it out with a crane.

There is quite a crowd and a lot of police presence. Channel 24 says the police have snipers set up in case of trouble.

From what I've understood, the removal of this statue is against the law.

spoon

spoon

TN historical Society said no which over sees the monument because it’s a grave site

duckduck84

duckduck84

I'm on standby with work because of this crap. Just stupid.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Camp David

Camp David

It's absolutely crazy this is happening. News stations are saying it's been sold. Sons of Confederate Veterans didn't buy it. This has to be illegal.

Hardwoodmaterials

Hardwoodmaterials

So Memphis voted to remove a grave marker and sold it to someone else? If that's the case I can't see how any of that could be legal.

Crappie Luck

Crappie Luck

Staff member
Illegal?

When has the law ever stopped a Democrat. Especially a protected class Democrat.

duckduck84

duckduck84

Its not legal and it was done in spite of the historical society. It will stir more crap up sadly.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Camp David

Camp David

Cohen wants to dig him up.

Well, we can all rest easy tonight, as this will solve all the crime, low graduation rates, teenage pregnancy, drug and race relation problems in the city of Memphis. This should get it done. :bash:

Camp David

Camp David

Hardwoodmaterials":1birbz0j said:
So Memphis voted to remove a grave marker and sold it to someone else? If that's the case I can't see how any of that could be legal.

You are absolutely right Hardwood, this is a grave marker and what they are doing is desecration of a burial site.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
Just another DEMOCRAT statue removed.

Look at any list of all the Confederate statues that have been removed then look up each man's history. They all belonged to the same party. Heck, Forrest was a delegate to the DNC more than once.

Hardwoodmaterials

Hardwoodmaterials

Mike Belt":3p9uw7qh said:
Wonder when MLKs statue will go up?

Or an Obama Statue. You really have very few options for a statue when your a modern Democrat.

R

ronnycl

white people will not do anything to stand up for the heritage of this country...sad.

B

BlackBelt

Oh thank goodness! Now there will be absolute racial harmony here in Memphis.

Bambi Buster

Bambi Buster

Wildcat":23qzohxq said:

Look at any list of all the Confederate statues that have been removed then look up each man's history. They all belonged to the same party. Heck, Forrest was a delegate to the DNC more than once.

In which case almost no one here should be upset that all these nasty democrats are being removed.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
Bambi Buster":795ncvk0 said:
Wildcat":795ncvk0 said:

In which case almost no one here should be upset that all these nasty democrats are being removed.

But it reminds everyone who were the Democrats and what they did. The Democrats want that gone.

U

Urban_Hunter

If the people of today had any idea what that man did after the war for Memphis or black people they would have a different perspective