Nashville Proud

Bambi Buster

242283147_4682707541740545_5273539031123426930_n.jpg

hammer33

Last photoshoot we did in downtown Nash there was a junkie cleaning his meth pipe on 2nd ave 1 block from Broadway. 2 cops standing across the street. There were dopers sleeping under the pedestrian bridge and sketchy people lurking around all over. That town sure has gone down hill. :(

hillbillyfab

Last photoshoot we did in downtown Nash there was a junkie cleaning his meth pipe on 2nd ave 1 block from Broadway. 2 cops standing across the street. There were dopers sleeping under the pedestrian bridge and sketchy people lurking around all over. That town sure has gone down hill. :(
You're exactly right. We're doing a project beside the pedestrian bridge, between 1st and 2nd. It's unreal the sights we see under the bridge everyday.

JCDEERMAN

Yep, I've grown up here and it sure has changed. In a bad way. I want out of Davidson County so bad, but haven't quite convince the wife yet.

Coker

That is what happens with major growth in any city. The money starts flowing in like rain drops and the so called politicians soak it up like summer time dried up soil. They don't care about the people in the city or how all the logistics work. All they care about is money and themselves.

Gravey

Supporter
I grew up in Donelson 10 minutes from downtown Nashville and you couldn’t pay me to live there now. I left in 96 and have no plans to ever return. It’s nothing like it was that’s for sure.

Coker

I grew up in Donelson 10 minutes from downtown Nashville and you couldn’t pay me to live there now. I left in 96 and have no plans to ever return. It’s nothing like it was that’s for sure.
Yep. Me and Gravey grew up just down the road from each other. I feel the same way.

shirtshirt

Supporter
Most of the people on here don’t like cities in general. That’s understandable.

As for nashville drug use getting worse, I don’t think it has. 2nd and 1st is not an area you’d spend a lot of time in 10 years ago. Now downtown is exploding. New restaurants and buildings everywhere. South of Broadway was legitimately dangerous 10 years ago and now there are hotels, convention center, music venues, beer gardens, and tech start ups.

The biggest issue is the Nashville mission. It’s still there which means there are plenty of downtrodden folks with metal illness and substance abuse problems. Maybe that will always be there?

anywho, most will not agree with me and say I’m a communist and crazy and green stripped, ignorant to tha facts, etc…. Have at it fellas!!!!!

Omega

Most of the people on here don’t like cities in general. That’s understandable.

As for nashville drug use getting worse, I don’t think it has. 2nd and 1st is not an area you’d spend a lot of time in 10 years ago. Now downtown is exploding. New restaurants and buildings everywhere. South of Broadway was legitimately dangerous 10 years ago and now there are hotels, convention center, music venues, beer gardens, and tech start ups.

The biggest issue is the Nashville mission. It’s still there which means there are plenty of downtrodden folks with metal illness and substance abuse problems. Maybe that will always be there?

anywho, most will not agree with me and say I’m a communist and crazy and green stripped, ignorant to tha facts, etc…. Have at it fellas!!!!!
Well yea, all that green stripe stuff, but; I've been here since 99' and have noticed that it has gotten worse, and not only in Nashville but here in Clarksville as well. We even started getting our very own homeless camp on the 101st and 41A off ramp, until a homeless person was found dead there. Don't get me wrong, Nashville has been gentrified quite a bit, my girls, who graduated out of Vanderbilt, comment on it all the time. But many of the parks have some sort of homeless community in it, and unless they moved from a park I never visited, they are new.

Trophy of the moment

• Trophy by Hadley Rudolph
    I'm 9 years old and have hunted with my dad regularly for the past 2...
    • Hadley Rudolph
    • Updated:

Latest posts