Nashville Bass Pro Question

BigAl

Spent the weekend and went to the Bass Pro on Sunday. First time since the flood.

Was curious as to why the store no longer has access directly into the mall?

Spoonbillmallard

Because the mall was opposed to them opening their store before the mall was reopened. There was a big scuffle over the mall trying to get them to wait and reopen when the mall opened but Bass Pro Shops seen it differently. I don't blame them at all. The Nashville location is one of their top 20 grossing stores so they reopened as soon as possible. So now the mall has in turn denied them direct access to the mall in result of the legal fight that took place when Bass Pro opened.

Spoonbillmallard

Haha yea it is a bigger headache when you want to go back and forth. But the boat access door is the best way to do it. But I agree it was really stupid ordeal. But I personally don't care either. I normally only go to the mall to go to Bass Pro.

BigAl

I guess since I don't go often it doesn't matter, but I was just curious. First thing that came to my mind was that Bass Pro carried guns and ammo and the mall might have been opposed. The opening early thing sounds pretty stupid.

We did end up walking out through the boats and going in the closest mall entrance. Good thing it wasn't raining, I guess.

Thanks for the info.

BigAl

It was actually funny. We parked and walked in the Bass Pro. My wife said she wanted to just go in the mall and shop, I told her I was staying in BP. About 10-15 mins later, she called me on the phone and asks "how do I get in the mall". I think she had been wandering around that long looking for the entrance.

SALTMAN

Been in there 5-6 times myself since the reopening , didn't even notice.. Have been in the mall once , through a different entrance. Actually it kinda hurts both their business' . People will go home and buy elsewhere if they make it difficult to get around !

Layne

I was in there and it was inconvenient to go between the two.
I don't blame BP at all, the mall wasn't set to open for almost two years but BP was ready in 6 months or so. It was BPs position that they had employees dependent on those jobs and distributors as well, they wanted to open as quickly as possible.
Not sure why the mall was so concerned with them opening early anyway.

Spoonbillmallard

Haha yea my girlfriend works in the fishing department there on weekends thats how I got the inside scoop on all that stuff that happened. Plus I know about 10 other people that work there. They said you wouldn't believe how many times a day they get asked how do you get to the mall or where is the mall entrance at? HAHA!!! But I agree it doesn't really matter to me, but for most people it is inconvenient especially if its raining or something outside. But I don't blame Bass Pro at all.

Latest posts