NASCAR?

B

Boll Weevil

I don’t really watch but was channel surfing and paused long enough on a race to see virtually empty stands. Then I googled “nascar ratings” and turns out viewership has been falling for well over a decade.

Anyone know why?

DaveTN

DaveTN

Supporter
Anyone know why?
They called us all a bunch of racists and got all apologetic over Bubba Wallace's noose fiasco, only to find out after investigation that it had been there for years. They are more afraid of being accused of something that has no merit than they are of losing business.

I'm sure that the price of gas also impacts folks traveling to races.

Pic IN the Casa

Pic IN the Casa

Quite frankly, if they got Nascar to rub the woke sack then there may not be a chance for any other organization.
Wonder how many execs got a boxed cake from the gubment?

Carlos

Carlos

Remember a few years back, when Carl Edwards was a few laps away from winning the race, and they threw a caution flag for non-existent debris?
Well that cost him the championship, and was 100% a BS caution. They just wanted to get the field back together to make the finish more interesting.

That pissed off a bunch of folks, bec Carl should have one the championship that year.
Plenty of other things added to what's going to be their demise, starting with the loss of Dale Sr, as posted above.

G

GUNNERX2

As with anything else in decline, there is not any one single thing you can point your finger at. Death of Dale Sr., tobacco sponsorship (renaming the cup series), changing the rules yearly and all the old drivers retiring. Now, all is PC, clean cut polite drivers. I do like the changes they made in the cars this year, generally not any one car getting a 10 second lead making for a non-interesting race. Been a while since I've attended a race but I still watch on TV and root for the old guys.

iowavf

iowavf

Well this will make a few mad, but Dale wasn't the only person everyone came to watch. His death was tragic, but NASCAR and a lot of it's rule changes and yes the woke ideas have not helped the sport. They tried to race everywhere and everywhere wasn't interested in it like it was in the south where it began. I'm tired of seeing the commercials, pre race and even during the race always needing to include Bubba like he's a major star driver. The only race he's won was a rainout and he was in the lead at the time. Trying to appease the new viewer base they thought would be the future and thinking the old NASCAR fans would just go along with it was a mistake also.

PossumSlayer

PossumSlayer

Supporter
Well this will make a few mad, but Dale wasn't the only person everyone came to watch. His death was tragic, but NASCAR and a lot of it's rule changes and yes the woke ideas have not helped the sport. They tried to race everywhere and everywhere wasn't interested in it like it was in the south where it began. I'm tired of seeing the commercials, pre race and even during the race always needing to include Bubba like he's a major star driver. The only race he's won was a rainout and he was in the lead at the time. Trying to appease the new viewer base they thought would be the future and thinking the old NASCAR fans would just go along with it was a mistake also.
Half came to watch Dale win, the other half came to see him lose.

7mm08

7mm08

Supporter
Restrictor plates killed it. Grew up 3 miles from Martinsville track. Cleaned the stands in high school to make money for uniforms fir our basketball team. Woods, Yarbrough, and Petty were GOATS of the sport.

And the year after Dale died his little wussie arse woke son won it….. rigged!!

Last edited:

270MONTS

Y
Yes. They are going to talk about bubba every race and every dang commercial break and every pre race. Now he drives for Hamlin and micheal Jordan and they talk about that all the time too. I am a nascar fan but it makes me want to trim the channel. But also today is the xfinity series not the cup series so not gonna be a lot of people there anyways. The cup drivers race tomorrow. By the way went to talladega few weeks ago with the family and we had a blast and my kids loved it

U

Urban_Hunter

After Sr died it seemed like there were some “too good to be true” events, especially involving Jr that turned me off. I still watched occasionally if it was on and I wasn’t doing anything else, but when they started the “stage” racing in 2017… it became unbearable. Makes it way too complicated with points being delved out all race long and teams “give and taking” for position because the slate is wiped clean twice during the event.

DaveTN

DaveTN

Supporter
It's BS that these highly paid sports figures make an issue of race. Look at who Bubba Wallace has driven for in the past. NASCAR and the owners have allowed Bubba Wallace the same opportunities it has offered anyone else. Yet this azzhat turns on fans by calling them racist. He wants to play the victim card; so be it. It probably makes for some good ad pay days even if he doesn't win races.