My you tube feed was full of 6.8 western ammo.

backyardtndeer

They got saami approval in October 2020. Had read about this a short while back. Thought it was interesting and specs look impressive, but hard enough finding components right now. I load for standard 270, just got done doing bullet inventory and turns out that is what I have least of in my stock.

backyardtndeer

The only reason this caught my attention at all was the thought of magnum ar10 build. Should be doable with seating depths allowing for a cartridge length around 2.80 inches. However my interest quickly diminished, would require a specific bolt, new dies, new brass(which to date I have not found available.) Decided I would stick with my 308's and 6.5's.

Lost Lake

Looks like Winchester is trying to jump on the Creed theory bandwagon. Short case, fast twist, long bullets. I'm sure it's a fine cartridge, but I don't see why anyone with a 270 WSM would want one.

If I hunted where I'd get 500 yard plus shots on a regular basis, and looking for a change, heck I might consider it. But I'd probably go with something that'd have better brass availability, or be able to easily form it from a good parent case.

Heck I don't want to knock every new idea, but to me, it needs to be a substantially better idea than what's offered, or folks won't latch on to it

megalomaniac

I dont get it?

Why not just use the already available 270 WSM with a fast twist barrel? Or even better, wildcat it to 6.5WSM?

I've been very pleased with my 6.5WSM built to shoot the 140g bullets at 3250 fps.