My UFO story

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
I go to work pretty early in the mornings. I have for a very long time.
Several years ago I was headed in about 4:30 or so and it was relatively cloudy / foggy day.

About half way to work I saw a light. It was just kinda sitting there and the POOF it took off and was probably 5 or 6 miles away the POOF it took off again, came back, flipped a U and went back.
I was like WHAT THE?????
It wasn't a light as in a single bulb like you generally see on an airplane or helicopter, it was more of a glow surrounding a rather large craft if that makes sense.

Very eratic flight path, here, there, back again, everywhere.
I thought that thing is looking for something or someone and I hope it ain't me.

I am probably the LEAST believing person of ufo's and aliens but I gotta admit, this one baffled me and caused me doubts.

Fast forward about a week and I happened to drive by the McDonalds in Martin.
They had this big spotlight thing on the ground in front of the store and it was shining up in the air, and kind of moving around in all directions, shooting a beam of light up into the sky.

Yes, it was visible at night from about half way between South Fulton and Martin.
You idiot. :smash: :smash:

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
lol, my dad had a very similar experience in Arkansas when he was growing up. Except he never found a culprit. Of course it is very flat where he is from in eastern Arkansas and you can see for 15 miles or so in any direction. He said when he seen it, he got out of his truck and it actually stopped right above him and flashed a couple diff lights then took off. He said when he says it took off, it moved about as far as you could see in the blink of an eye. Always makes me wonder when he tells it. He was on his way to work and stone cold sober he said. lol

Bambi Buster

Bambi Buster

RUGER":3oufrmt0 said:
I go to work pretty early in the mornings. I have for a very long time.
Several years ago I was headed in about 4:30 or so and it was relatively cloudy / foggy day.

About half way to work I saw a light. It was just kinda sitting there and the POOF it took off and was probably 5 or 6 miles away the POOF it took off again, came back, flipped a U and went back.
I was like WHAT THE?????
It wasn't a light as in a single bulb like you generally see on an airplane or helicopter, it was more of a glow surrounding a rather large craft if that makes sense.

Very eratic flight path, here, there, back again, everywhere.
I thought that thing is looking for something or someone and I hope it ain't me.

I am probably the LEAST believing person of ufo's and aliens but I gotta admit, this one baffled me and caused me doubts.

Fast forward about a week and I happened to drive by the McDonalds in Martin.
They had this big spotlight thing on the ground in front of the store and it was shining up in the air, and kind of moving around in all directions, shooting a beam of light up into the sky.

Yes, it was visible at night from about half way between South Fulton and Martin.
You idiot. :smash: :smash:

:lol: :super:

DaveB

DaveB

I did not see a UFO but I did see a U2. Over some cold PBR in the NCO/EM club that night I told my CSM and he told me U2 not in Vietnam, everyone laughed (not me) when I got the picture developed, crow was everywhere. And here you go from the ground up a real live U2 landing at Bien Hoa Army/Air Base Summer 1969.

Attachments

• SAM_1768.JPG
    SAM_1768.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 379
B

BMan

DaveB":7e08ywhy said:
I did not see a UFO but I did see a U2. Over some cold PBR in the NCO/EM club that night I told my CSM and he told me U2 not in Vietnam, everyone laughed (not me) when I got the picture developed, crow was everywhere. And here you go from the ground up a real live U2 landing at Bien Hoa Army/Air Base Summer 1969.
We had a dining out (if you're military you know what that means) and we had a big U-2R pedestal model sitting on the head table. EVERY SPOUSE asked "what is that plane?" Plane? What plane? :D :D

For anyone who doesn't what "that plane" is... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv17lF60OHY

The aircraft requires a 2nd pilot in a chase car to talk him down to the runway, because his field of view is restricted looking down and he literally cannot tell how high he is (he's looking 2-3000 feet down runway); good video of the chase car and, even better, some great footage of both U-2R's and U-2S's at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2tnCDBkIoI Love those blade antennas! :party:

Hunt 365

Hunt 365

I don’t know what I saw. But it was weird. I used to hunt SE Oklahoma when I lived west. So I’m watching the sky, and there is a flock of blackbirds way off. Way up. One of those huge winter flocks. Mile or 2 off. So on a clear day, daylight, the bottom of the flock disappeared, and there was distortion in a localized area in the line of sight towards the birds, like the heat waves off a long road in summer. But it was winter, way up in the air. There wasn’t a sonic boom, but a oomph, you could feel and See it at the same time. i swear it was a cloaked plane or something like that. But it was clear- bluebird skies and I saw it. There is a classified AF base nearby, so maybe it was our guys. But I saw it, no explanation.

L

larry ipock

I can hear music from the Twilight Zone and the X Files TV show. Sorry, couldn't resist. LOL

M

Mike Belt

When I was a kid I had an uncle that was half John Bircher and half alcoholic. He was always coming up with tales that just didn't add up. One night he came over claiming he was seeing UFOs and had us follow him outside that night. Sure enough there was something up there. A bright light that would hover and twinkle in one spot and then would shoot across the sky, stop, and repeat. After 4 or 5 moves like that it just shot out of sight in the blink of an eye. Still haven't figured that one out.

Bambi Buster

Bambi Buster

Mike Belt":2f68bgce said:
When I was a kid I had an uncle that was half John Bircher and half alcoholic. He was always coming up with tales that just didn't add up. One night he came over claiming he was seeing UFOs and had us follow him outside that night. Sure enough there was something up there. A bright light that would hover and twinkle in one spot and then would shoot across the sky, stop, and repeat. After 4 or 5 moves like that it just shot out of sight in the blink of an eye. Still haven't figured that one out.

Wow. That combination could have made for some really interesting episodes. :shock: :eek:

Biggun4214

Biggun4214

I was coon hunting on Dale Hollow Lake when I was in college, something lit the sky bright as day for about 10-15 seconds. I figured Russia had bombed Oak Ridge and stood there waiting for the blast. We were at least a mile from the nearest power line, house, or anything that would be that bright, We never learned what it was.