• Help Support TNDeer:

My stone wall project

Mag

After reading through Ruger's bathroom project I thought I would share my fireplace wall project that I did a couple of weeks ago. Started with this...

Attachments

• fireplace 2.jpg
    fireplace 2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 346

Mag

.... removed sheetrock and reinforced some of the framing especially around the tv mount area to ensure I would hit wood when putting it back....

Attachments

• fireplace 3.jpg
    fireplace 3.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 338
Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Mag

Put in the backer board. I could have put the stone on the existing sheetrock but didn't want to risk the additional weight.

Attachments

• fireplace 4.jpg
    fireplace 4.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 337

Mag

Then added the stone which required ALOT of cutting and trimming to get it right. Although tedious this was rewarding. Something about cutting and trimming a small piece of stone to fit a tight spot is fun. We bought a black mantel but decided to stick with this look. I ended up painting the mantel and using it as a shelf in the hall.

Attachments

• fireplace 1.jpg
    fireplace 1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 336

redblood

Mag":knmdcuxx said:
After reading through Ruger's bathroom project I thought I would share my fireplace wall project that I did a couple of weeks ago. Started with this...

Very impressive

Latest posts