My opening day story! 8 pt shot

Living2Hunt

Thanks Guys! And no corn in those does! Was full of acorns though. But i want to do a update here on the rest of the day.

When i finally quit looking for my wifes deer, i was in the steepest nastiest holler on this property. As i was about to the top 40 yards from where my wife shot the buck, i found the arrow. Talking about a needle in a haystack. The arrow was broke. 3 inches of arrow was missing and the broadhead. Which is a stinger buzz cut. There are about 2 inches long. There was bloob and hair on the arrow about 4 inches up. So im thinking she around 6 inches of penatration. I only found one drop of blood and thats where the arrow came out. Im not sure if this deer will die. All i know is i couldnt find it and hope that buzzards will give up the location.

We did make it to another place to hunt yesterday afternoon and had a really great hunt. I had a loc on set about 25 feet high. We decided to hunt together. It wasnt 15 mins and had bucks coming in. A 3 pt and a 4 pt. They sparred and sparred for like 30 mins just out of range. Then a 6 pt started to come in.

He was much bigger then the 3 and 4 pt. The 3 and 4 pt were at 35 yards, still sparring, and the 6 point was at 25 yards in thick stuff and needed to take 2 more steps for her to shoot. But he could see the other bucks sparring. He sould just hear them. He spooked and ran off.

The other bucks got spooky, so i told my wife now or never on the shot at 30 yards now. She drew back on 3 pt and he spotted her drawing back and spooked. She had to let down, but he started coming back and walking away again at 30 yards. She drew again and really made a perfect shot, but at the angle and the deer being spooked, she shot over his back!

So close, it almost took hair. They took off blowing and thats when we seen a 8pt running off too! Oops! Didnt know he was there. Lol! I grabbed grunt call and started doing some soft doe grunts and here comes the 6 pt back, again at 25 yards and only needed a couple steps.

He sees her tracer nock blinking, he blew again and took off. My wife looked at me and said he is stupid, something is wrong with him. He scared of his own shadow. I busted out laughing. Probably scared everything off for sure.

But we had another great hunt. I am so proud of her. She has came a long way and is doing everything right and is so close. There is no doubt in my mind she will be successful this year! I love the fact she is enjoying the time in the woods, no matter the outcome. So hopefully this story will continue next weekend!

Living2Hunt

Here is the deer my wife shot we couldnt find. Poor pic, its a pic of the computer pic.

n550xs.jpg

Latest posts