My New To Me CHEVY Truck !!!

Kimber45

Well, government motors and all that BS aside, I bleed a little Chevy myself. I cut my teeth the 1st 10 "grown" yrs of my life in a new Chevy Dealer and have loved em every since.
Bought this 84 today. 84 K10 Scottsdale 4x4 LWB - power everything (and even the power windows and locks work ;) )
Open the glove box and ALL the factory books are in the glove box!! Visited an old friend at an Old School Body Shop in it tonight to get a few pointers on bringing the paint back out since I am NOT painting it :) Put some light compound on the right fender twice - finished with a swirl remover and MAN is this old Chevy gonna look good!!
Ok, I've bragged on my new truck enough :D Carry on! Oh, there will be an after pick later in the week following compound and swirl remover :)
b530fd79a65e0b86d4a9f9bd9b288027_zpsf110737a.jpg

WGK

That truck looks good scott. And you won't have to find a rocket scientist to work on it.

jos3ywales

I love that body style got a long bed 2 wheel drive for sale in my yard now for my nephew I hate to see him get rid of it I but it my self if I had the money. I love chevy trucks or GMC all I have ever owned and will ever own

Kimber45

I wanted a SWB but after thinking about what I intend to do with it....a LWB makes SO much more sense! I can leave my toolbox in it and haul 4x8 sheets or my ATV and have plenty of room. I was amazed at how tight this thing is in the front end! No play whatsoever and drives great! Good news, old body is in very decent shape so NO work needed to suit my taste beyond what I'll do this week polishing and cleaning - transmission has been rebuilt and shifts like new - transfer case looks new - works perfect BUT it has the original 305 with 146,000 and while it SHOULD be fine.....I'll be slowly scoping out an old 350, just in case ;) - good project for my shop following my about to be poured/formed concrete that my ole buddy InThedogHouse is working on for me :)
I'm going to ENJOY having a shop again!!!! And enjoy having a project to put it in it as well :)
Thanks guys!!

Kimber45

Update:

I need a seat if anyone knows where I could score one :)

The blue vinyl in this one is broken down right where you scoot in. May try to run by an upholstery shop and just see what they'd charge me to foam that spot and recover top/bottom but I bet it aint cheap :eek:

tn droptine

Sharp lookin truck! Been lookin at a few Chevy's myself in that age range. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on it too! You'll have to show it to the wife and I when we stop by :)

Kimber45

tn droptine said:
Sharp lookin truck! Been lookin at a few Chevy's myself in that age range. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on it too! You'll have to show it to the wife and I when we stop by :)

Thanks and will do.. I plan on having a light compound/swirl remove/wax on it by then - MAYBE even new treads too :grin:
Runs really good but has a hesitation at 1st throttle advance (good ole quadrajet) so I reckon I'll be looking for a nice little aftermarket 600 series carb to toss on it... maybe an HEI distributor setup.. a seat... hmmmmmmmm $ :crazy:

Oh - Anybody that has any of those components they want to sell could probably make a sale with me Purdy quick :)