My new boat..... poor thing

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Just thought I would list the funny / interesting / RUGERED things that have happened since I brought her home.

1) The moving of the money around and the actual purchase was about 4 stories all in one. Literally was 1 day from having to postpone going to get it.
I had originally been told it would arrive around the middle of August.
They called July 6th, I believe, and said it was there and wanted to know if I could come get it the 9th. LOL
I was like... uhhh no. But hey it was awesome it got there early.
2) Truck went down the week before I was supposed to go get it and stayed down for 3 weeks. Luckily @rem270 and his Ford could make the trip. LOL
3) Before I put it in the water for the first time I made sure to look and verify where the hook on the boat was located in relation to the front roller. It was on top of the roller... check.
Long story short, after knocking two dents in the front of my brand new boat I realized they had screwed up and the hook goes UNDER the roller.
4) Got my registration decals in the mail and, of course, I am excited as a kid at Christmas so I ran out right then, cleaned the spots off and affixed them perfectly straight and smooth to the very BOW end of my boat.
Yeah, they go behind the numbers.
5) Ordered new replacement registration decals.
6) Ordered fancy smancy numbers / letters for my boat. Yeah, real good looking, blackish on top, red on the bottom.
Yeah that doesn't "contrast" too well on a black boat.
7) Ordered new solid red numbers / letters.
8) Ordered a really cool RUGER license plate for the boat trailer. It was black with "red" lettering.
Ordered it and then went back to copy the picture of it to send the group text guys.
Happened to notice the description, black with PINK lettering. 🤦‍♂️
9) Cancelled order for license plate.
10) Realized the first outing that this boat rocks a LOT more than the Minnow did. First time I got in it I lost my balance, almost fell and basically "jumped" down off the front deck to keep from going overboard. My tacklebox has one of the small boxes that sits on top of it, held in place by a bungee cord.
Crushed my box.
11) Ordered new box.

Absolutely LOVE the boat.
Successfully mounted livescope, brain and battery without screwing anything up.
Caught a TARP bream on the second trip on the water.
SOME things I can do right. :D

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Well now, most of the above would just be "to be expected"
from The Ruger! 🤣

But why is this new vessel LESS stable than The Minnow?
The only thing I can think of is the Minnow was a deep V and maybe it got wider "quicker" from the front than this one does?
Best I can tell it's only a couple inches more narrow.
It's nothing bad, just got to get my sea legs used to it.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Did they get your truck issues fixed up?
Yes sir,
Long story short and from the best I understand......
The brake booster has "rods" that are adjustable and it appears when the original master cylinder was replaced they didn't adjust these rods.
Two more master cylinders, brake lines, pads and a brake booster later it appears to be fixed.

Headhunter

Probably only thing I don't care about trackers, they are not the most stable. My dad has one, well I guess it really belongs to my brother and myself, dad is in great shape for 89, just not good enough to take the boat out by himself. I had a G3 gator tough jon boat, it barely wiggled, even if all 3 of us were on the same side, it leaned but no where near as much as you think it should and it was a stable boat, everyone that got it it would talk about how stable it was. It would beat you to death running in rough water though. My dad's tracker has made several trips to Canada (most likely only reason we keep it, we camp on an island and need aluminum boat so we can pull it up on the rocks) and the lake we fish is huge and the tracker has been just fine, just have to get your "sea legs" adjusted. I am going to get it out soon and go through it, new carpet, replace trolling motor, run it, etc.

Latest posts