My Mother is having knee replacement surgery..

KPH

KPH

Supporter
Wife went through that a few years ago all came out fine. All I can say is for who ever is taking care of her is to buy lots of ice and I mean lots of ice.

E

eddie c

make sure she does her PT like the therapist tells her or it will be for nothing. (speaking from experience with step mother)

E

eddie c

MUP":10lgpzek said:
That's what the Dr has been telling her eddie. She knows it, just hope she can stay with it.

each person is different but if she can keep in good physical shape, and health, afterwards, she will be better in the long run. my stepmom had one full knee, one partial knee and a hip replaced. she wouldn't do her exercises as suggested or sit properly in her chair and paid for it later.

and may she get through the surgery problem free.

MUP

MUP

Supporter
Thanks all! eddie, I'm just hoping she can hold up for that kind of pain, b/c she's really can't deal with pain very well. She winces and nearly cries from the flu shot.

E

eddie c

she will find out real quick. I assume they are still doing this after the surgery. before my stepmom woke up they had her leg strapped to a machine that was bending her knee for her. every 2 hours they increased the degree of bend.

good luck.

KPH

KPH

Supporter
I hope it goes better for you than it did for me. I came down with pneumonia the day I brought my wife from the hospital, then ended up in the hospital myself think GOD for good friends.